1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi all Fiat enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tiaf, Aug 22, 2013.

1. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    I currently do not own a car and I ride a honda unicorn.

I am planning to buy my first car by Dec 2013.

I had been a fan of Palio since it was in the market.

Looking forward to buy Punto dynamic 1.3 diesel version.

It will be nice if you can throw some light on Ramkay dealership as well as service centre.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi, please do go through a seperate thread avail on ramkay. In other words, please do search before starting a thread.

Thanks
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI tiaf..

I am in touch with Ramkay and RDC (Anna Nagar) dealers to buy Linea in next few months.

I am staying close to Ramkay (Velachery) so it will be easy for me to buy vehicle from them instead of RDC (Anna Nagar), but from my personal experience/feel so far

--> RDC is quoting less price than Ramkay, reason saying is RDC is selling more number of cars than Ramkay, so they can price bit less compared to Ramkay
    --> Ramkay is new to Car dealership, but that's not the case with RDC
    --> Follow up with customers is good with RDC, but for Ramkay I don't feel that Spirit
    --> RDC bought me a TD vehicle to my home (which is almost 30 kms away) from Anna Nagar and offered me a long test drive, where as in Ramkay I went to their showroom and they offered me a small Test drive.

I have no idea on Service experience either with RDC or Ramkay, may be our TFI members will provide more insight to it. Though I have heard lot of good things about Mr.Tensing (SA) in RDC.

Most likely I will go with RDC (Anna Nagar) because of my above experience so far. I will PM you my mobile number please call me if you need further information. I'd be happy to provide with the little info I know.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    @Crazy_Fiatian Thank you very much for your quick and thorough reply, sorry for replying so late as I got a bit busy @ work.

@zenwalker ya you sound very sensible, I am going through all relevant posts. ( BTW, there was someone in TFI who had some 500+ posts before he actually bought a car)

I think it would be easy to get answers by posting specific questions.

My requirement:
    -> I would be driving some 50 kms daily and some 200 kms on weekends. I expect week end mileage to increase as i get comfortable.
    -> I am looking for a car with excellent build quality (i am limited to fiat / VW / Skoda ) Service experiences with VW and Skoda are very bad and I have decided to go for Fiat Punto diesel dynamic.
    -> I am looking for hassle-free and reliable service experience.

Regarding buying:

1. I would be going for a loan and looks like punto dynamic costs 7.7L approx, would 2L be a good enough downpayment?
    2. How long does it take to get the car delivered ?

Regarding servicing:

1. Buying is the easiest part, getting the car serviced at regular intervals is a huge task. The reason is there are just 2 authorised service centers in chennai (Ramkay and RDC) and Ramkay is close to my office (RMZ Millenia).
    I understand that the service interval is some 15,000 KMS, but how easy is it to visit the service center for minor things without any appointment and get things fixed soon ?
    I ask this because, I visited the service center, to know where it is (the approach road to Ramkay is quite bad :( ) I saw some 30-40 vehicles parked there and some 10-12 being serviced.
    Generally do you guys take your vehicle from service center on the same day ?
    I am very concerned about the service because, I stay quite far off in OMR and it would be quite a pain being without a vehicle.

Most common niggles that I see in forum are: (correct me if I am wrong and let me know if there are more such things)
    1. availability of parts
    2. hard gear issues
    3. large turning radius - this might be a problem for few

Are the Multi-brand service centers reliable? (After the warranty period)
    Are there any other good non FASS that take up service and do a good job?
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @tiaf.Welcome to TFI.Great to know that you are planning for Punto 1.3 Dynamic which is well loaded with features at a less price than rivals making it a great value for your money.Zen is the guy who had 500+ post before he bought his Punto 90hp.

Regarding your requirement:Your running monthly running is quite good at 27,600 kms something & diesel is best suited to you.In coming days you will get a hassle free & reliable service experience from Fiat dealers.

Regarding your buying:Hey now ther's a new offer which i had read on saturday pay just 49,999 down payment & buy Punto.Mostly 10-15 days for delivery.

Regarding service:Ya buying is easy but servicing cars at regular intervals is a big task considering our busy working schedules.Ramkay is giving good service than RDC is what i heard.Now its easy to visit service center for minor repairs without any appointment & getting things fixed soon.Ya approaching Ramkay service center is bad but i heard mercedes & other service centers are there near ramkay.I had heard Ramkay has 25-30 bays to service cars,India's biggest Fiat service centre till now.i think chennai Fiat dealers have started mobile service cars which come & service your cars where you are on just a phone call,(guys correct me if i m wrong about this mobile service cars) & also they provide roadside assistance when your car breaks down in city or highway.My dad gets our Punto's service done on same day & get it back by evening.Hubli service centre is having a lot of Fiat's but still its not a metro to have more Fiat's.I think Ramkay gives back car on same day depending upon parts,if parts are not there they will keep car with them.

About niggles you are right but its slowly improving.Parts are made easily available now & new 2013 model cars have smooth gearbox compared to old Fiat's.turing radius is not that large like non power steering cars.Fiat cars hav long turing radius because of long nose & hydraulic power steering,its not a big niggle for me.No Multi-brand service centres are not reliable like authorized service centres.Dont go to non FASS that service your new Fiat which will void your warranty.Btw,which colour have you planned to book?Dont worry about all these things.Make The Move To Fiat.
  6. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Diesel could suite you as they travel will surely increase.
    You have come to a good decision on the selection of car all the best
    I got my Emotion 1.3 couple of week ago.
    1. You should get more discounts not just 7.7L for a Dynamic.(A dynamic could be around 7L after all discounts I guess) and this may decrease you loan amount drastically. I got my Emotion 1.3 for 7.6L on road :D
    2. They say 10-17 days to deliver a vehicle. But be prepared for max of 1 month :)
    I am not yet been in to servicing. Just 750 kms done.
    - No idea
    - No idea
  7. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Guys, thank you very much for your quick replies. I will be going for Tuscan wine.

@Redpoint: You bought it from Ramkay is it ?

Looks like I can go for emotion as you say the OTR is 7.6 !! I have not made any enquiry on the price so far, just referred it from Ramkays website.
  8. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Got it from Ramkay. Not sure if they give such discounts now. May be you can give it a try atleast you can get some reasonable discount.
  9. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    There might be some discounts during Diwali, lets see. I will check with Ramkay on this.

Also, guys I am looking for feedback/ first hand info from guys who give it to Ramkay regularly for servicing.

I keep asking about this because, we have very limited choices for servicing here @Chennai - just Ramkay and RDC.

And I might have to solely rely on Ramkay as it is the one nearest to me.
  10. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    I guess all the other metros have hardly 2 service options and mostly not more than that if I am not wrong. Expecting things to be improved and dont worry much about it at this point of time as we have second alternate if you are not satisfied with first. Just IMO