1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hey Team FIAT!! Stung by the Red Linea Bug..!! ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by srikanth.addala, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hey all....

This is Srikanth N S Addala from Hyderabad and of-course, an auto enthusiast as we all are.

Well, great to see all like-minded buddies gathered around to discuss and share opinions about these beautiful Italian babies.

Coming to the point, am a proud owner of a 2009 Nov Flamenco Red Fiat Linea EMOTION 1.4 FIRE and am proud to say that acquiring this magnificent beauty is one of the best decisions I have taken to pamper my hard revving heart. Though my past comes with the love of CRDI Diesel stonker engines with turbos (owned a 2005 Elantra CRDi prior to this purchase, enjoying them to the core through various short rides ranging ~350kms and long rides of ~1600kms in a stretch of 48hrs back to back, HYD-CHENNAI-HYD), I have to admit that this purchase brought back the smile lost when parting with my trusted Elantra after crunching around a Lakh and odd kms with it.

Life with my Linea started with least expectation of owning it. Yes, you heard me right. I too fell off flat to its underrated reputation throughout the market and didn't even have it in my search list for my next ride. Was looking massively all over Hyderabad for Pre-worshipped beauties from below 4L stock, as this was the happy to go number from my pocket, which doesn't involve the bank guys taking away a part my earnings every month calling in as EMIs... Lol ;). Looked and TDed numerous vehicles ranging from Corollas, Optra Royales, Civics, Vernas all around the city from corner to corner searching for the right one to bring back the grin but none reached atleast near my expectations. Looking at all my disgust in sitting back of my dad's chauffeur driven Xylo cribbing to its stupid ride quality (No offence to co-owners, just a personal opinion) all around in circles, One good fine day, my bro (Sr. member in Tbhp) called and suggested to add Linea to my search list and took time of around 2 good hours to convince me on the same (yes, I'm hard to convince, lol ;)). Finally after starting to look out for one, the very next day found a beauty owned by a Senior official of the corporate world standing along with his fleet of BMWs n MERCs, went to see it and fell in love with it the very moment I saw her, couldn't take my hands off her ever since... ;) lol

Its a single owner, 2009 Flamenco Red Fiat Linea Emotion with a 1.4 FIRE petrol engine with just 28k genuine on the odo with complete service history and immaculate in shape, shining all around. Got the key, turned the ignition ON, the engine sounded very subtle not to my liking, tried revving a little and oh boy, I was astounded by the orgasmic refined Italian growl..!!! Plonked it in the first gear and man, I was loving it already! Hit it till 80-100kmph in the film nagar stretch of Jubilee hills in Hyderabad (My friends here reigning from Hyd would know the beauty of driving a beast on this Tarmac). Though it misses the grunt in the top-end post 100kmph and the torque of a diesel stonker, can live with it considering all the other luxuries offered! ;)

Got to my senses, stopped drooling by its gorgeous looks and admiring the way its pampered, got it to a Fiat Service Centre nearby (Tejaswi motors) called upon the CRM and got it checked in all aspects possible, looked at the service history in detail confirming my initial impressions about the babe being perfect, bargained HARD (hope you get why I marked caps when saying HARD :)) capitalising on the fact of Fiat's resale, which came in handy and closed the deal, the very next day at a wonderful price!! :) and did I mention the extended warranty valid till NOV 2013, the recently replaced battery and a few other stuff here there including insurance renewal by the previous owner? ;) All was well except for the strange humming sound (like a spaceship taking off) from the engine when the Air conditioning is switched ON, stops the moment when its switched off. Nothing is being heard into the cabin/inside the car though. The works manager who inspected the vehicle suspected nothing major and shall be sorted during next service. Had no worries as the vehicle still carried the extended warranty and even if something is wrong with the whole AC setup, sets me back with a few tens of thousands for which I was ready, considering the price I paid :)

Have to agree the attention to detail the previous owner has about the maintenance of his fleet, he gave me every single paper related to the car right from its purchase, till date! Which also includes materials like car cover, dashboard sun protector, spare bulbs, first aid kit, warranty cards, duplicate key, code card, purchase invoice, service bills/history, and all manuals etc..! I didn't miss a single thing which would be given when you purchase a new vehicle right from the showroom except for the 28k miles on the odo ;)

Was browsing around to know more about my beauty and stumbled upon this forum which is exclusive to this Italian Breed and All in all, its great to be a part of the driving community involving the pleasure of owning and revving these Italian Marvels..!!

Drive Safe and remember not to ride faster than your Guarding Angel. Cheers :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    8 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Srikant to TFi... :)
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Srikant, Nice Looking Linea there, Welcome to TFI..
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Srikanth, welcome to TFI.
    Congratulations on owning the beauty. Wishing you a lot of happy miles with your ride.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Srikanth!

The report is very nicely written, enjoyed reading it.

Enjoy the Italian beauty! :)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Hey Srikanth - Are you a Director..? Coz.. in telugu Srikanth Addala new director is there( his movies. 1)Kotha Bangaru lokam2)Seethamma vakitlo sirimalle chettu). Both are good family entertainers and blockbusters.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to the house of FIAT with your Linea,,,,
    More writings on the Linea would be great to read.
  8. Thank you, Rishi.

Thanks mate.

Thank you very much, Raj.

Thank you bro. Glad you liked it. :)

No, Prakash. That aint me. :)

Thanks for the wishes, Tony. Will sure write more in the near future. ;)

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Srikanth...i too got doubt that you might be Film Director ;)
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    welcome to TFI ,,, oka kottha bangaroo lokam... :D

Happy Miles with more smiles
    1 person likes this.