1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Here's one more FAN for FIAT and TFI saying hello to all Friends

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by krismask, Sep 3, 2013.

1. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Hello everyone, here's something about me and why am I here

About me
    I am an IT professional from Chennai. Happily married and blessed with a son(Very naughty like most of the kids). Our family member count is 5(4 adults + 1 kid) that includes My parents, me, Wifey & Son. My interest away from work is listening to Music, watching/collecting movies and driving on highways. I am interested to read anything about Cars and Electronic gadgets. Most of my free time is invested for surfing such articles. About work, am an non technical under graduate(BBA) and currently heading IT Infrastructure and Product Support for an Software Company. Thanks to Google, transformed me as an reasonably Technical resource(Of course my commitment and passion helped too) and providing me answers/hints for any solution needed. I am driving since 2001 and have clocked close to 60,000 kms overall till date. All the driving has been on Petrol ONLY till date.

Car I Own Now - None

Vehicles I Owned/Used
    Maruthi Omni - Sold - (2001 - 2003) - Owned by my BIL but used only by me
    Daewoo Matiz - Sold - (2005 - 2007) - 72,000 KMS, My first car, pre owned
    Santro Xing - Sold - (2008 - 2013) - 60,000 KMS, My second car, pre owned
    Suzuki MAX 100 R - (1999 - ???) - 1,40,000 KMS on ODO and still technically brilliant. using it for solo drives.
    Honda Unicorn - ( Since 2012) - My Current ride - 15000 KMS on ODO

Why am I here ?
    Yes, you guessed it right. Of course to own a FIAT and be part of this community. But that's not the only reason. I am coming from a middle class family where I've built my career and life on my own. Like many others, I too have home loan EMI's and every other expenses to take care of. So every rupee counts. It is important for me that I don't make many mistakes which will dent my pocket. Being around TFI for last four months, am confident that I will get all the help to get my decisions right in future.

What am planning to buy ?
    Its the Italian Beauty - Fiat Grande Punto. I would brief my decision on my initial ownership thread when I take delivery. After doing plenty of research and knowing my current usage (yearly 7000 - 10000 KMS), Ive gone ahead BOOKED Punto 1.2 F.I.R.E Dynamic on mid August. But then due to some financial reasons, I've delayed the loan formalities but certain to own a Punto in next 30 - 45 days.

Any Dilemma at this point ?( Is it F.I.R.E Dynamic or MJD Active) I am starting an Pre Sales query thread separately for this, will put the link here once I open it)

FAQ's so far from Friends and Relatives
    1. Why are you increasing your commitment, you should may be look at pre owned car for now. settle down and then look for new car after a year or two.
    Ans : Life is short, no body can say how short it its. We should live today is what I believe. So if you are sure that you are going to happy and knowing the risky decision may not bother you, then one must go for it as long as he/she know how to manage when the decisions fail.
    2. Why FIAT ? Why not Maruthi ? Why not Hyundai ? Why not Honda ? Wait for I10 Grande. etc
    Ans : What is pure love ? Talk to a girl/boy who are in love. I bet most of them would say this.
    I have fallen for her/him in the first look. Since then I love her/him from bottom of my heart.

There's something we may not hear that loud, oh what is that ?
    After falling in love I've realized she/he has this characteristics
    1. wants to keep shopping which means I need to keep spending
    2. gets demanding over time. My decisions are overridden.
    3. Always cribs that am not looking after him/her or spending time like how I used too.
    4. Takes hell of time to choose one garment, am loosing patience. I choose them in minutes not hours.:eek:
    5. Doesn't like KFC chicken, I love it but KFC's visit's has to be reduced.

This list will go forever and never will end. But end of the day, most of the couples would still love each other.:-D

What am trying to explain here : I've fallen for Punto;) . I've realized with help of TFI that Punto is indeed a technically brilliant and well built car. I am getting ready to experience it.

Cheers everyone, hope to get involved more.

Krishna
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard and Congrats on the current/future booking.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Krishna, and very nice intro. We know much about you now :).

Open a new thread about 1.2 or 1.3 discussion, though I know most of us would suggest you 1.3 Active.
    1 person likes this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nice intro.
    Welcome...
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Krishna. Enjoyed reading your intro. :)
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome Krishna. Quite a big intro. And advance wishes for your ownership.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI with the Bold Drive
  8. Ditch 1.2 pick 1.3 Active, with ongoing discounts, it will cost you almost equal to a petrol swift with same set of features. Active has it all. Every basic need is covered! :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard Krishna! I would prefer 1.3 Active over the 1.2 one, but you can't go wrong either way. Wish you lots of happy miles with your upcoming Italian beauty :)
  10. Anjuraj

Anjuraj Timido

New Delhi
    Welcome home Krishna......you are one of the few motorists in India who think from your heart and a Fiat ownership will not disappoint you.......go in for the Punto......1.3 Active if your have to do mileage or 1.2 if your distances travelled are less......you will love the stability, the ergonomics and the excellent Road handling of this car especially the accurate steering feedback on all models......the suspension of the car is to die for.....and with exclusive Fiat service stations no worries on account of poor service, step motherly treatment from Tata or unavailability of spares.....HAPPY MOTORING...........:D