1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Here comes the HotSteppeR

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Omar, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak - Yes, you are right. The lag issues are exaggerated. To me, its more to do with tuning my driving style, rather than point it out as a problem area.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Attention Forum Members:

I am planning a day's trip to Bylakuppe tomorrow. Depart at 5.30 am and return by 6. If anyone is interested in joining, please drop me a personal message.

Thanks,
    Omar
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats Omar :) Even I joined the 90 hp brigade few days back. And yes as far as lag issues are concerned i feel the lag only when the second gear is thrown in between 1000-1500 RPMs but even then it takes no time for the REVs to reach around 1900 RPM and after that it pulls, pulls and pulls.
    OT: How many KMs has your beauty run till now and what kind of mileage are you getting presently?
  4. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just completed a short 350 kms (approx) round trip yesterday. Plan was to go till the Namdroling Monastery at Bylakuppe. But had to cut it short, since my car started pulling to the left.

Nonetheless I enjoyed my drive and loved the way the car handles at high speeds. Sticks to the road like tar. Throw her around the corners at 100 and she does it without breaking a sweat. I will upload the travel pics later.

Overall stats for the journey.

Total distance covered = 348 kms
    Average Speed = 62 kms/hr
    Economy = 19.08 kms/litre
    Total travel time = 5.5 hours

Meanwhile, the car has completed 600 kms+ on the odo.

Regarding the left pulling, I discussed this with KHT Fiat and will have someone cover over to do the inspection. The pull is acute. Will keep you'll updated on the outcome and resolution.

Any pointers on this issue from the members will help.
  5. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Attaching some random pics taken during Saturday's drive. IMG_20150411_075113.jpg IMG_20150411_075142.jpg IMG_20150411_084941.jpg IMG_20150411_085007.jpg IMG_20150411_085034.jpg IMG_20150411_085143.jpg IMG_20150411_085205.jpg ..
  6. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The left pulling problem has now been solved. Went to KHT @ Whitefield on Monday and the car spent close to 4 hrs over there. I was told that they did both chassis and wheel alignment to resolve the problem.

I later tested the results and the car is now doing fine. Can I please request fellow team members to share their experiences if they have faced a similar issue?

Am a bit surprised for a new car there should be chassis alignment done so early on to resolve the pulling issue.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ good to know that your problem is solved now. Pulling on one side is a very common niggle in new fiats which service centers are able to solve more often than not if detected early. If detected late then tyres start wearing unevenly which makes solving this issue all the more difficult.

About chassis alignment i am hearing this term for the first time. I would let other experts comment on it. I guess there might be some miscommunication from the sc about how they solved the left pulling when they mentioned chassis alignment.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry for the long hiatus people. Have been constantly travelling, so was unable to update this thread further. A few days back, my car completed a mini milestone - reached 1000 kms. So far the journey has been smooth barring a minor issue with the left pull. Observations so far:

1) The carpet ride quality continues to amaze me. Sometimes feel the wheels are glued to the road
    2) A colleague who got to ride my car commented that he found hard to believe there was a diesel heart beneath the hood - he felt it was very refined. :)
    3) Jerky gear shifts especially while downshifting - maybe I am yet to find the sweet spot while shifting
    4) A & B pillars can be a bit of a hindrance in tight corners - just need to be a little cautious
    5) Third gear has a tall ratio - slow down to twenty and there is no knocking/stutter. Pull till 70 - the engine doesnt scream

By the way, I am planning a quick overnight to Pondi this weekend. Anyone interested, please drop me a message. Plan is to halt for Saturday night and come back by Sunday evening. IMG_20150430_081817.jpg
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Omar: Good going :headphone:
    so after KHT resolved the left pull issue you never saw it again?
  10. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak - touchwood, no issues on the pull after KHT solved it. Keeping fingers crossed
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.