1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Here comes the HotSteppeR

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Omar, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had previously created a thread under the "Introduction" section when I joined this forum. Titled, Live Young....Live Free it is generally around my journey from booking to the delivery of my Punto 90 PS

This separate thread will focus more on my ownership experiences and the subsequent maintenance and overall report of the car as time progresses.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015 ---
    20150329_075110.jpg 20150329_075142.edited.jpg 20150329_075200.edited.jpg 20150329_075231.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015 ---
    Some random pics taken during a short 100 kms trip last weekend. Please excuse the poor quality of images....taken from a handphone
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Omar ! Lovely pics. Time to change signature from an enthusiast to an owner. What say :stig:
    Saket Sidana and asimpleson like this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Many congrats Omar . Enjoy the beauty to the fullest and share your ownership experience here.
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Omar . Wish you a happy & safe mile munching.
  5. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for your kind wishes people.
  6. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I recently completed a week of ownership and 200kms on the odo with my Punto. Some observations:

1) Being a hydraulic set-up, the car is not very agile to drive in the city. However, on the highways, its a different beast altogether.
    2) Amazing speed masking ability. You are cruising at 100, but feels like 50 :p
    3) NVH could have been better, though not a deal breaker.
    4) Slight lag in the second gear. I guess, I need to "understand" my car better in the coming days, to nullify this issue.

Modifications so far:

None, except reverse parking sensor from Xenos. These were thrown in by the dealer as part of the overall package.

The car recently went for its first wash at a washing centre near E-City. I avoid washing this car daily to avoid any impact of the saline content in the water. Attaching some pics from the same.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2015 ---
    IMG_20150404_164702.jpg IMG_20150404_164719.jpg IMG_20150404_165029.jpg IMG_20150404_165301.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Murphy_Fiat, rishike007 and testdrive like this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats Omar. The engine is very young, so take it easy. Do not strain the engine and don't be in a hurry to red line the revs. Try to be within 3000 rpms unti 5000 kms. You will like the song this engine sings after that and more. I too bought an EVO in dec 14 and it is at about 4.5 on the odo. Following the above myself I can see the difference in the setting in of the engine very much.

Abdul
  8. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Abdul, appreciate your inputs.

Yes, I do keep an eye on the rev meter and dont try to rip. After all, my daily drive is in choc-a-block traffic conditions, so no chance to do anything fancy :)
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Omar : congrats for the new car. happy motoring.
    i recently took TD of 90PS and its true about NVH what u have mentioned. It cud have been better.
    I think lag in first two gear in Punto is over exaggerated. I feel its easily manageable.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your hotstepper, @Omar. Great alloy design on Evo, much better than Linea.