1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help with Spark plug wire connection of Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rajeev komar, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Rajeev komar

Rajeev komar Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi,
    My car is Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Petrol.
    2 days ago when I tried to start the car it just cranked but did not start up. So I removed the Spark Plus cables to check the issue. I saw that one of the spark plug wires is completely rusted and cut inside. I have ordered new set of wires from 99rpm.
    Now I need help regarding the following things:

1. Will the Car not start at all if only one of the spark plug cables is removed?
    2. How do I connect the wires from ignition system to spark plug? I have removed all the cables and now I am confused which spark plug wire connects where. Can Someone plese share a pic of your Palio ELX 1.2?
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rajeev,
    Well you are in a pickle that is wht you have to disconnect 1 cable at a time.
    Even if I attach a photo that will not help.
    Do 1 thing, start from LH to RH, the shortest one is on the LH side and the lenghter the cable farther you go.
    Running with 1 spark plug will cause mis firing and would eventually let petrol flow to the cat converter which will eventually spoil the converter and your emissions will go bad.
    I suggest you halt the car for few days until you get a new set of cables and a mechanic who knows Fiat Palio and will come home to sort the wiring the plug in correctly.
  3. Rajeev komar

Rajeev komar Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi Anup,
    Thank You for the help.
    I have not disconnected the spark plug wires from the engine, but only the other end, from ignition system. I remember that they were not 1234 connections. The longest left most wire connects to the second slot from the front. The second longest connects to the first slot in the ignition system if I remember correctly. I want to know how the two shorter cables connect at the other end (not to sparkplug).