1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

help with claiming insurance required

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by arka_prava, Feb 17, 2011.

1. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    yesterday when i was returning home suddenly i felt a bump and realised than our driver bumped on a stone and the front bumper colour got chipped and it turned black..my heart ached. after returning home with a heavy heart, today i went to tass who said it will cost 3.5k. will these be covered under insurance? and can anyone advice me how to claim it properly? will really appreciate the help........... :anyone
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Go to tata ASS. They will give you claim form. fil the form. Attach copies of RC-TC book & driving licence.

Survey will be done. After all works,as per your bill amount,Insurance company will give you cheque. It's simple procedure Man !

Don't forget to celebrate with "Ras-Gulla" after Italian Darling back to home ::D
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First, yes you can claim insurance.
    Front bumper is considered as plastic, so you would get only 50% of the cost. So first think if you would like to claim insurance. If yes, follow what bhai said in above post.

Mu suggestion, try to do some small fix with some local mechanic. Or do some paint touch-up.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    If its just denting and painting then you would get 100%, but if you get a new bumper, then you would get 50% the price. Also 500rs would be charged for claim processing. I would suggest not to claim under insurance since amount is small, take benefit under No Claim Bonus.
  5. +1 to Viny.

Get the touch-up done at a local shop or pay for the task to TASS or check www.com-paint.com, just in case you want to DIY.
  6. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    thanks.but what is no claim bonus?
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No Claim bonus means within a peroid of insurance,if you succeed to drive your car without any accident claim
    then at the time of renewal of insurance you will get bonus discount in the amount of premium.
  8. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    have you tried the product given at the mentioned url? :?:
  9. @arkap, If bumper does not need a replacement and you have only few months remaining for Insurance renewal, then think about claim. You will lose no claim bonus. Assuming that your car is one year old, you are entitles to 20% NCB and so on. If your premium is around 20K then you will lose 4K of the NCB.