1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help: Weird Symbols on the display (Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by abhinit90, Aug 10, 2013.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I guess time to pay Mr. O.P.Sinha a visit :|

No other funny lights, everything else seems fine except the seat-belt light which is partly on even when I'm using the seatbelt and an even fainter oil error light.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    UPDATE: Went for a drive of about 20-30 kms and the issue didn't repeat, though the seat belt indicator is still semi visible
    1 person likes this.
  3. kiran.khandre

kiran.khandre Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Team,

I am facing similar display issue in my grande punto mjd. The display is not working. Background light is ON however LCD display is not showing anything (Total KM, Time, Range etc). I had tried with removing battery terminal for around 30-40min and reconnecting it however it didn't worked. The display is still blank. Checked with a local Fiat mechanic and he said the LCD needs to be changed and it may cost 3-4k approximately. Please suggest...

Thanks
    Kiran
  4. Aaron Johns

Aaron Johns Timido

Bombay
    Linea 1.4
    Check your windscreen seals and see if water is entering into your car. If water is entering, you will find that the roof lining is wet or the floor carpets are wet. Get the windscreen resealed ASAP.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Kiran,
    Unfortunately the only solution is to get the display changed.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. Aaron Johns

Aaron Johns Timido

Bombay
    Linea 1.4
    Since my parking spot in my building is open to the air and under a tree, the car is covered with a gkg canvas cover. The Window ECM went dead after some heavy monsoon showers. I came to know that my windscreen seals developed a leak when I touched the roof lining and found it was wet. Also I found that the floor insulation carpet also became wet. I got the windscreen resealed at windscreen experts. These windscreen people told me and my dad that the windscreen frame might have rusted, but when they removed the glass, they saw that the frame hadn't rusted and was very strong despite the car being 7 years of age. After that I replaced the window ECM, it worked intermittently and suddenly stopped at random. Also when I press the brakes, the wiper suddenly would jump move a bit. Also I had to disconnect the electronic power cord to the door lock on the passenger side front door because it would unlock the whole car even after I pressed the lock button on the remote FOB. I feel some wire is earthing and causing these issues. I hope my BCM is not in bad shape. Also since my Linea is a 2009 dynamic model which doesn't have ABS, why is the ABS light lighting up dimly on the dashboard intermitently. I also got the fuses checked and they all are OK. Also I did an ECU reset by taking out the negative terminal of the battery. When I drive the car for some minutes, these issues stop and the car behaves normally. If anyone has a solution to these problems, can you please suggest me how to go about fixing them. I will be visiting the Fiat service centre (Vroom Pointe) in Navi Mumbai as I got an appointment on Tuesday. I hope its an earthing issue.
  7. kiran.khandre

kiran.khandre Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the info.
    I had checked with Fiat Service Center and they quoted me Rs. 13500. Spoke with local mechanic and he quoted me 3-4k for a second hand without warranty. I had asked a meter shop near Swargate - Pune and he quoted me 8k for entire instrument. Quite confused now..

Thanks
    Kiran
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Hi Aaron,

I had checked under dashboard for any wet floor or also checked if any leakages during this rainy season however didn't find anything. I have a covered parking and my maximum commute is Office and home where both having covered parking.

Thanks
    Kiran
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You might want to take a try with the 4k option. I understand there is no warranty, just check if this is from a scraped car or a refurbished unit. If you find it satisfactory you can take an attempt, although 4k is not a small amount to experiment.
    does the 8K one come with warranty.

cheers,
    Pradeep.