1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help: Weird Symbols on the display (Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by abhinit90, Aug 10, 2013.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    So while I was driving yesterday, there were weird symbols appearing on the HUD, please see the pics:
    IMG-20130809-00072_zps04a1ceba.jpg

IMG-20130809-00070_zpsce5ef8bc.jpg

All these problems were after the car was invaded by water and water entered the exhaust. Intermittently the car doesn't unlock or lock as per the button pressed and I have to do it manually, It then works sometimes. Is the car's battery dead and that is causing these problems.

Should I check the fuse box?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bummer. Seems like some water+electronics foul play. A dying battery usually results in a multitude of errors but this is something different.

Can you try a battery disconnect and then reconnect (after about 15-20mins). Might clear out the ECU.
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I'll get back to you in 1-2 hours after removing the negative terminal, btw how do you safely remove the negative terminal? :|

Also if it's of any use, the car if turned off and started again, does not give any symbols but it gives it as soon as the car moves for some time, and it only happened yesterday. Any idea about car not locking or unlocking?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like water / moisture in the BCM to me. Did you get water inside the car? Disconnecting negative terminal is a piece of cake. No tools needed. Just pop the bonnet open and grab the lever ( in the green circle marked by the arrow) and pull away from the battery. It will loosen the clamp and you can just slide the whole thing out of the battery pole.

WP_000120a.jpg

Rajan
  5. Roadrash30

Roadrash30

Goa
    Check Blue & Me/USB port also if its working.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Thanks Rajan Sir, any way should I try drying the BCM or taking it out and wiping with a dry cloth?

Though I might be wrong but I feel our car doesn't have that lever :| Let me check

Water invaded the car and I guess was about an inch inside the car as when I got into the car the next day, the car's mat was all wet but nothing else.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    oooh, that lever does not exist in the MJD's either.

Anyway, you can just loosen the nut and slide the whole terminal out.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Oh ok, I'll try do that, so I shall be removing both of the terminals right?

@Roadrash: Eco-drive and usb port are working perfectly. I haven't tried Blue&Me but it should also be working.

Infact all the other displays i.e. AC display, music system display are fine.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The clamp type connector will be there in your Jet as can be seen in the pic. Same as the 1.4 FIRE Linea.

While disconnecting the battery the simple rule is - disconnect negative terminal first and connect it last. Are there any other funny lights on the dashboard?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The lever should be there in your T-Jet as well. You cannot dry the BCM with a cloth. It is a computer, hidden behind the fuse box. My suggestion, take it to the FASS and have it looked into.

Rajan