1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help to decide between Emotion Pk MJD and Emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Hummer, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hummer

Hummer

Bengaluru
    I always admired FIAT automobiles, though I never owned one till-date!

Currently I drive a Hyundai Verna CRDi, which is reaching 70k kms mark, so I am contemplating to buy a pre-worshipped FIAT LINEA MJD, which I might close at the earliest.

If you had an option of choosing from two 2009 LINEA MJDs, both are black with genuine history, expected price is 5.5 Lakhs. Only difference is - one is Emotion Pack with 40000 kms on it and other is Emotion with 15000 kms on it. Which would you choose and why?

Pls help to decide quickly.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "If you want the safer car, buy the Emotion Pack (EP), If you want the safer deal, buy Emotion".

Emotion has run 15000Km while E-Pack has done 40000km. Even if both owners treated their cars with same care, emotion has done only 15000Km in about 3 years while the other one has done 40000Km. Ofcourse, doesn't mean that a 15000Km run car was driven with more care than a 40000Km car but it seems that the 15000Km one was used only in city conditions.

Emotion Pack is otherwise a better deal, car to car. You get:
    - Microsoft Blue and Me system with Bluetooth, SMS Reader, Voice commands, Media Player.
    - USB Port for playing music.
    - Steering controls for audio, phone and voice commands.
    - AIRBAGS with seat belt pre-tensioners and load limiters.
    - Alloys (I guess petrol emotion also came with alloys back in 2009 IIRC besides emotion pack).

In Emotion, you will have to use CDs to listen to music. No USB Port. AUX port absent in both emo and e-pack.

Have you checked the underbody, tyres, battery condition and other stuff like rust or anything on the body due to scratches etc? Also, have you checked the engine noise at idle?
  3. Hummer

Hummer

Bengaluru
    Thanks PaddleShifter. Tyres and Battery are good. I need to check underbody.

Emotion pk owner told, due low GC, I might have to get the bend removed from engine guard at every service + fill air for all tyres when re-filling fuel. He says damage to engine guard is very common in Bangalore due to bad roads. I haven't checked underbody, but it did scrape to humps during my test drive.

I didn't get a chance to test drive Emotion model on bad roads, since it is being used as II car, I assume it would be in good condition.

What do you think of the price of these cars @5.5L - decent, steal or high?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The owner of the Linea Emotion might pick up a fight with you, but i'd be happy to seal the deal somewhere between 4.5-5. :)
  5. Hummer

Hummer

Bengaluru
    Thanks gurjinder.

I have dropped Emotion as I prefer safety features, meanwhile I lost Emotion pk as well as I was a bit late in closing the deal.

Now my search starts for Emotion pk in Bangalore :redcar
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hummer, yes Linea has a long wheelbase and the unscientific speedbreakers and various pot holes make sure it scrapes if not driven slowly. Linea is longer than Corolla Altis, Honda Civic etc. too.

One of the neighbour of my colleague have bought a Punto E pack 2009 model here in Chandigarh for Rs3.80 lacs.
    On road price of Punto emotion pack in 2009 at Chandigarh was Rs6 Lacs only.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    After some discounts, in October 2011 the on-road price my relative paid for the Punto Emotion diesel was 6 lacs as well. Zero inflation purchasing experience courtesy FIAT :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. Hummer

Hummer

Bengaluru
    Thanks, please let me know if any LINEA MJD Emotion Packs are available in Bangalore.

Mahindra Quanto launched at Rs 5.82 lakh - with new economic and affordable mini SUVs being launched, it will pose bigger challanges to FIAT.