1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HELP! steering mounted controls and related harness

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by harryaviator, Apr 29, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    I have a fiat linea emotion 2011 version, the ones without steering mounted controls. I was badly bitten by the steering mounted controls that I wanted one desperatels, the OEM ones with an aftermarket ICE. For starters, i will point out how I went about it..

Step 1

Got hold of a linea steering wheel with steering mounted controls from Hyderabad. The place where they break cars that have been classified as total loss by the insurance companies;)

Step 2

Replaced the existing wheel with the one having the steering mounted controls. Had to change my combination switch to the emotion pack one as it required the rotary hub at the base of the combi switch to make the controls work:confused1:confused1 :confused:

Step 3

the horn pad of the emotion variant couldnot be fitted back, as the wheel needed the hornpad with an air bag:oops::oops::(.. Not being a quitter and having come this far, decided to get one of that too..:eek::eek:

Step 4

changed the ICE to JVC KD 90BT, the best single din on offer, steering mounted control ready. got a JVC interface too.

Step 5

tried every single place from mumbai and Kochi to get the ICE and steering mounted controls connected with a harness, But badly failed in getting this.

is there anyone who can give me a solution on how to go about it?
    Fiat OEM Harness coming close to 10K... is there any connector that can do the job?
    Please help me.. desperately in need of steering controls to work.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune