1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help - Squeaking noise in Front driver side brakes on one week new Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sivanesan, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Sivanesan

Sivanesan Timido

Madurai
    Madurai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    hi ,

Please Help me, I have got a brand new Tuscan Wine Punto Evo - the problem came one day after delivery - there is continuous squeaking noise emitting from driver side front brakes - the peculiar thing is - noise comes only in slow speed - less than 20kph, that too in still traffic, its very annoying and irritating, not to mention the embarrassment of onlookers looking on you like a FOOL - with a: REGISTERED: number plate.

I have gone to service guys for three times.

First they cleaned brake with air - saying they found some stones
    second after One week they cleaned again - did not find any stone
    third One week again they changed the calipers .

Now correctly after two weeks - I have the same problem - the noise is so much i can hear it with ac on.

Please help the service guys are clueless.

Thanking you ,
    Sivanesan. This is my first Fiat, I am fed up.

Mod Note - Kindly post in a simple way without too many "-" or ..... please refer to the TFI rules. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    If the service guys are clueless, ask them to get the disc, pads and calipers replaced. Get hold of the service manager to expedite the process. Issues exist with every brand (Honda/Hyundai/Maruti) - don't be disappointed with your FIAT. Wish you a happy owning experience.
    And don't forget to update once the issue is resolved. It might help other owners.
    Sivanesan and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I could understand your annoyance. But trust me, you have got a great car.

Your service center has to fix this issue. If they are clueless, they need to seek the assistance from Fiat directly to solve this. Shoot an email to Fiat India explaining the issue. Talk to your service manager that this has to be fixed to your satisfaction. I believe you go to Forza Italia. I have had experience with them and I found them to be helpful.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Like Ramjn suggested, always a good idea to contact SC guys first asking for their crm service email ids. Every dealership esp. has those displayed at their customer lounge etc. or you could ask for those. CC to Mangesh Kodalkar (email id on TFI), who at times diverts the emails to relevant department to look into the matter.

Do mention exactly or in further detail as you did in the first post. Details will help. Do post what the final resolution to issue is; will help others too.

Thanx.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Sivanesan

Sivanesan Timido

Madurai
    Madurai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your quick replies . I had taken my car to fiat Service Center Forza Italia . they were really helpful . one minor issue was solved . the front passenger side door lock wont open from outside , they replaced with new locks .
    and for the squeaking sound . they had contacted fiat and fiat had sent an mail regarding some tests to be performed on that particular wheel . they said they will resolve issue within a day . service is quick and easy too .
    have to wait till 11 tomorrow to know the result .

Thank you Everyone .
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2014 ---
    have attached image of my car
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 20, 2014 ---
    Sent an email to Fiat Service India , Got an Reply from Them

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, deeply regret the inconvenience.

Matter is coordinated with region /dealer, we assure you of all due attention through Forza Italia

We have registered your complaint & no. for same is -

Our dealer CRM from Forza Italia will coordinate for local assistance

With warm regards,

Customer Care.

1800 209 5556 │*service.india@fcagroup.com

Roadside assistance RSA 18002093428

www.fiat-india.com

[​IMG]

Fiat Chrysler India
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to know that they are working on your issue. I believe it will be resolved this time. :)
  7. Sivanesan

Sivanesan Timido

Madurai
    Madurai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    hi ,

Finally got my car back , they have changed the full assembly of knuckle axle .
    they say there wont be any problems here after . car is doing fine still now .

Great effort by Forza Italia , Madurai .

thanks to all , who have Viewed and replied this .

Thank you .