1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help required! Karizma ZMR fuel pump issue

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by @Romeo, Jun 5, 2014.

1. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi everybody,

I have a Dec 2011 Karizma ZMR bike which has run 15k kms till date. Recently bike started overheating within 7-8 kms and then engine would stop running. When I attempt to start the bike, engine cranks however does not start. There is a lot of heat generated in the engine. After cooling of few minutes, engine starts and then stops within 4-5 kms.

Changed engine oil to semi synthetic oil with proper grade. Checked the spark plug and it was fine.

At last given the bike to authorised SVC. SVC called me and told that fuel pump is not working and need to be changed and it would cost 12k!:eek:.

I have not yet spent so much amount of money on repair of my Punto too.

I asked SVC guy whether he has checked all the wiring properly or not and he said wiring is OK. Fuel pump starts and stops working on its own.

Any experts here, I would like to hear from you. Also please let me know where can I repair fuel pump in Pune. SVC said that it is not a repairable part and needs replacement. However I read on web that it can be repaired for some worn out bushes.

Regards,

Swapnil
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am not sure if a FUEL can be repaired or not however if you bike is under warranty ask service center guys to change it FOC under warranty. If I am not wrong Hero Provides 5 years warranty on their bikes.

ZMR has an oil cooled engine so I would suggest that part as well.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Raise the issue with Hero too.

Looks more like a design or manufacturing issue.

[Ownership Thread]: Hero Honda Karizma ZMR
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have already called hero customer care. Fuel pump is not covered under extended warranty. Only engine is covered under warranty.
  5. SX4enthusiast

SX4enthusiast Amatore

Hyderabad
    That's so bad.

Wish you good luck on getting it done!

Thanks,
    -SX4enthusiast
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fuel pump is non-repairable. You might have used bike with low fuel.

Fuel injected bikes should use with fuel more than 4 litrs in fuel tank.

I also had to replace fuel pump of my Pulsar 220 Fi frequently.
    After replacing 3 pumps I came to know reason of failure of fuel pump.

BTW price of fuel pump of Pulsar 220 Fi is lower than Karizma ZMR.
    Price of fuel pump of P220 Fi is Rs.4000/-

Keep keen attention to fuel quality also. If kerosene is there you may ruin fuel pump.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you check with service station only?. Why dont you try some good mechanic ouitside. Some of them can offer a better solution. Just tell him it is in warranty and you only want to get it done outside becuase they make you leave the bike with them the whole day. this way he might not try giving a blown up estimate. If he also confirms the fuel pump then you have to change it. 12000 INR. wooof...thats too much to spend . let us know. I pray you get a economical deal
  8. NAUFU4U

NAUFU4U Timido

kochi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    hai you can repaire zmr fuel pump with me call me @9895991580
    bike point, mannam p.o., n.paravur, kerala