1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help required - Blaupunkt HU

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by grey_hound, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    That is a good input. So, does that mean, in EP, we cannot enable toe AUX cable?
  2. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Hi grey_hound,

Exactly in the same position as you are :A except that mine a September 2010 GP 1.2 Emotion. However I was not able to locate a single ICE dealer in Navi Mumbai who knows / does the Aux in cable fixing on Punto. I had posted in another thread as well regarding this issue. Guess you are the same guy who posted this issue in TBHP on 22.11.2010 and still not got any reply.

Can you update on the status on the complaint you had registered with Fiat regarding the OE HU. If you have already got the confirmation, would you mind sharing the same? My first free service is due this weekend and would like to see the possibility of changing my HU as well (ofcourse under warranty).

RAAM.
  3. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    @ grey_hound - oh looks like you are right. Do keep this thread updated once you hear back from FIAT.
  4. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    All - I will most certainly share my experience (since there is a lot that I have gone through to get this sorted out ). Having just 1 dealer in Pune DOES NOT HELP, not because they're bad or unprofessional. It's because those poor souls are overly overloaded EVERY DAY !

Await my response expecting some development this week.

Apologies for the late reaction to my thread, I was travelling on work and since I did not see any response, I decided that I'll share my experience with everyone.

Thanks
  5. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Narayan - I will answer your quesiton will also be answered with the main response. Since it's related.. ::T
  6. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Hey Grey hound...i am facing the same problem as you are is ther any way out of in my punto is just a month old baby....
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    In emotion pack if you press the CD button twice it switches to media player, so if you have pen drive connected to USB, it will read from there and start playing music, folder navigation is managed by stering mounted keys.

And Aux in EPK works on mini iso c3 pin.
  8. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    All,
    Since my last update - there have been many developements (unfortunately on the negative side). My fight is still on and I may require assistance from some team fiat members to help my case.

I have now (after multiple haggling) with Pandit Auto been told that the feature is discontinued on the cars from Sept 2010 - Oct 2010 for all emotion variants.

It is clearly evident that there is a lot of information hidden and they are not wanting to take any ownership for the issue. It gives me a feeling that I am working with a govt. agency. :cry:

Earlier, I was told that the issue exists and is a problem. After assurance that the system will be replaced, I am now told that Fiat's response is that the system has been changed due to reports of multiple issues with the setup due to the aux option. I haven't seen any post regarding this on teamfiat's forum.

Request from all / any team fiat members -
    1) Any Emotion Variant (1.2 & 1.4) - If you have your car registered post Sept - Oct 2010 and can see the Aux Option Enabled and if you don't mind. Please send across your Engine / Chasis Number to me. You can determine the month year of manufacture using a team fiat post which has steps described very clearly.

2) Any Emotion Variant (1.2 & 1.4) - In Pune MH 12 GK series or later OR Engine Chasis Number from Sept - Oct 2010 - requesting details if you have Aux Option enabled and if you don't mind.

A PM with the details will also help ! :anyone
    This will help my case with Fiat.

Hoping for a positive response
    Regards,
    grey_hound
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Grey_hound ...Please keep us updated regarding your progress. What I heard was post sep10 models came with Bosh music system and not blaupunkt and in this AUX is disabled. But as you said if it is only for some models, then it is our right to get it working. By the way I had purchased an AUX cable from E-Bay expecting that that AUX functionality will work and now I am sitting with my fingers crossed.. :cry:
  10. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Hi All, after waiting for almost 5 months to add Aux in Cable to my Punto 1.2 Emotion finally I convinced myself to go the FM Modulator way (thanks to Grey_Hound for his efforts in taking this issue with dealer / FIAT to find out that post Aug / Sep 2010 manufatured cars, FIAT has discontinued the option of adding a Aux in Cable in the stock HUs). One of my colleague was already using a FM Modulator and I borrowed from him to check on my car. The results were good though our ICE experts wouldnot agree. I was anyways sick of listening to the radio and the limited option a CD / MP3 gives.

Bought a Panasound (ofcourse a chinese one) for Rs.700 (the shop guy quoted 850/- for this). This one is a new model, looks neat and has a flexible stem so that one can bend and position the transmitter as per your space constraints. This fits in to the 12V socket and length of the stem is about 3/4th foot, which I find very convenient to bend and place so that it doesnt obstruct the gear shift as well the hand brake. Feature, USB Slot, SD Card slot and an Aux in. The USB and Card slots are very useful though they have a small drawback, the media files can be played sequentially only. The card slot is even better as it completely fits into it and doesnot portrude like a pen drive.

However what I find most useful is the Aux in provided. I can set up a playlist in my mobile / mp3 player and connect it to the FM Modulator so that I can hear music of my choice and as well when a call comes I can use the car speaker and phone mike (which is very effective if the windows are up). This may not be the best solution but I no audiophile and what I require is done with this. The pack comes with a small aux in cable as well with 3.5 inch pin at both ends. Also there is small remote as well. I am happy with this as at this point of time, as there is no other alternative other than changing the HU / carrying CDs :) . The output is good enough with intermittent distortion when played in high volumes. The modulator has a preset equlaizer too.