1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help required - Blaupunkt HU

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by grey_hound, Dec 6, 2010.

1. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    So...I am extremely delighted to finally get my "greyhound" i.e. Medium Grey Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion (Petrol)

As I review each feature in detail, I am happy to see that none of the known niggling issues are noticed.

This is until I get to the Blaupunkt HU that Fiat provided..that's when I was surprised. ::pP

As we know, the 1.4 model has just two variants (Emotion and Emotion Pack), the emotion does not have a total of 6 features. One of the six is the inability to connect an external source to the HU, which would essentially mean me needing to stick to good old cds and burning mp3s on cds. I read up (Thanks to Aditya's thread) and noticed that there is a way out and reached Eko Electronics in Pune who can setup an Aux In. I proceed to meet him and am shocked to see that the HU does not have the option of Aux coded within the system itself.

Some posts said that you hit the CD button without the cd inserted and it should recognize an external device, that's also the reason they have an external volume option. When I tried that I see a message on the display which says "No Source Available", so we connected a phone, an ipod to the Aux pins via an Aux Cable behind the unit and still we see "No Source Available". The help I need is to try and get to the root of this -

1) Are there any Punto Owners who see a similar issue ?

2) Mine is an Oct 2010 Model - Is it possible that Fiat got smarter and disabled the features / circuit from within the HU itself, thereby rendering any cord connector useless on the outside ? :confused

3) Is there a way out ?

Note - I discovered this on Saturday (i.e. 2 Days ago)

Desperately seeking help or else I will have to make do with burning CDs :A

GreyHound
    Pune.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    CD inserted or not, doesn't matter.
    Press CD button twice, AUX-IN option should appear. At-least it appears to me (mine is older model though).
  3. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Hey Ravi - Thanks for the tip - I've checked and re-checked - unfortunately it says "No Source Available" when you press the cd button :cry:
  4. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    the cable might be faulty get that checked first
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    : off topic !!

We already have two members with VERY similar id's : gReyHound & grey_hound
  6. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    my signature name got hijacked :( :eek:fftopic
  7. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    @gReyHound - What cable would you be referring to ? My line of thought says for the cable / device to detect an Aux Mode should be active within the system (I maybe wrong..) - The person who I went to get the Aux setup in Pune has done a similar job for all the countless other Puntos that have gone to him, infact within the last week itself he got it installed for 2 more puntos emotion (Older versions compared to mine). This Saturday KedarBendre and myself may visit him again to get it setup on Kedar's 1.2 Emotion.

:eek:fftopic
    @Amogh - :) The Medium Grey Color and the Fiat Punto are a perfect combination to term it a "Grey Hound" :) We name our cars as a ritual .:) My cousin's red car for e.g is called "Red Devil" ...My 1957 Fiat 1100 E was called "Old Betsy".
    Let me know if the similar names issue maybe against teamfiat rules, won't mind changing.

Meanwhile would continue to request assistance on my issue :cry:
  8. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    it sounds funny here goes(feels like adressing myself) :)

@ grey_hound: I am referring to the aux cable that is connecting the back of the HU.
  9. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    @gRey Hound - I can check that out again. The cable didn't seem to be an issue, since there have been setups on other Puntos. :cry:
  10. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Got it checked and verified at Pandit Auto, Pune. Luckily we managed to find a few cars registered around the same time as mine. I proved that there is an issue. They have now registered a complaint with Fiat and am expecting to get my HU replaced under warranty if fiat confirms a fault (fingers crossed).Acc to them the system I have is designed for E+ and not Emotion. All emotion variants apparently come with the aux option enabled, all E+ should show "No Source Available" when you press the cd button.