1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Required…T-JET 2011 Vs 90HP 2012

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by SAF_RoadWarrior, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    I am in serious dilemma...I need help from you guys...serious Help.

I have a choice of buying a 90hp 2012 Mfg Punto or a T-JET 2011 Linea.
    The price different is around 80k OTR.I have to stretch my budget.

My dilemma is petrol vs diesel and a 2012 refreshed hatch (plastic quality, GC etc) vs a old stock 2011 sedan.
    Also my total running will be less than 1000km per month( apx 800km) And occasional long trip on every 2 months (250km,may be max 300km ).

Considering the maintenance (diesel) and fuel cost (petrol), what are your opinion guys?
    Will 90HP 2012 HAVE better interior quality than a May-June 2011 T-JET?
    Should I compromise in Power if I go for 90HP over T-JET?

I am horribly or may be awfully confused...Help requires here from Fiat Gurus.

Also I have bought some Abarth emblem (original) from UK last year considering I will buy a Punto and would ice it with Abarth. :(
    I f I buy T-JET all emblems ( worth 5k) will be of no use.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

There is a world of difference between the two cars you are comparing. The interior trim level of both would be the same, as they are top end models in their respective categories. However TJet would be May 2011 manufactured. Accept the fact, do a thorough PDI and buy if your running is less than 1200 km a month.

However if you are worried about running costs, diesel would be a better choice for you.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    SAF_RoadWarrior let me tell you one thing first. There is no 2012 90HP Punto. Its just the same car with slightly increased price. 90HP 2011 also has good plastic quality.

You dont need to compromise on power deliver in both the cars. :)

My personal suggestion would be 90HP Punto as Petrol prices are increasing.

If you are a Petrol car fan then Tjet Linea is the car for you. No other car comes closer to Tjet.

If you buy 90HP Punto I will be there to help you to make your stock 90HP Punto to Abarth Punto. :dance
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    First, decide on your priorities -
    - Power
    - Economy
    - Do you require a boot

~1000 KM drive, you have option to choose anything from Petrol or Diesel.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Thanks Kedar,dj.nish
    dj.nish is online now ..
    My issue is that do I need to do a lot of mainataince for Diseal car over Petrol car on long run?
    I saw comparsion chart in fiat website itslef where it describes punto P vs D mainaince of 5 years which is 50k higher for D model.
    Does it make sense to go for petrol car wth low running of 1000km.
    Super confused...but little ray of home is there.

kEDAR , Trust me you will be the first one if I get the 90HP and icing it with the Abarth stuff..I have seen many a times a Aberth BNW on old Mumbai-pune highway around 7.30 pm infront of my home @ PCMC/empire estate it is pune outbound..Is that yours?

Also the SE @ Pundit told me the 90HP will have GC increased and better interior as per other 2012 Punto.I will have a look of one of the 90hp he will bring for someone else and I will decide upon that.
    I lost the opportunity to buy a 2011 90HP while discount was offered.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Is it the Tjet or Tjet +?

90hp vs Jet really is apples to oranges compared!

It's upto you whether :

1. You want a sedan or a hatch. What suits your personal needs better.

2. Whether you are okay with the fuel prices, which are biased in the favour of diesel, as of today. Also, it feels good at the fuel bunk when you see that a 1000 bucks give you quite a bit of diesel, but only enough petrol to fill my Bullet's tank, with a litre or two to spare. :D

Make a wise call!

P.S. Can you list the OTR prices of the 90hp, Linea diesel variants that your dealer is offering you.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Your running does not demand a diesel. If you love driving and you want the torque of a diesel with the smoothness of a petrol then my view is that you should go for the TJet+ after doing a thorough PDI of that vehicle.

Can you list down the OTR for both that is being offered to you?
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    It is T-JET+
    90 HP OTR at PUNE WILL BE 7.78L after corp discount (no other discount is there).
    T-JET+ FTA will cost 8.7 OTR pune.
    I have not asked for Linea Diesel QUOTE, But I checked the leaflet of primary quotation before discount and it is close to 10.25 for Diesel EM.
    But I need to double check tonight for the exact one.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Sppedjet 90 HP OTR at PUNE WILL BE 7.78L after corp discount (no other discount is there).
    T-JET+ FTA will cost 8.7 OTR pune.
    When is last TJET+ Manufactured in Fiat? Any Idea?
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

SAF_RoadWarrior: I think it boils down to petrol vs diesel w.r.t to monthly running and applicable expenses. You need to sort it out with the petrol or diesel thing along with hatch or sedan. Given your amount of expected running/month I guess you can go with the Tjet. Having said that, you also need to take into consideration that your expected running may increase much once you own/drive either of these cars. Possible, you may never want to get out of the car :)

we all know, both these cars are best in their own regards. GP90 is the hottest premium hatch in India currently and Lin Tjet(+) being the only turbo petrol under/around 10lakh. Next turbo petrol car is the Laura TSI which costs ~15lakh.

concerning TJet+ being an old stock 2011 car, you need to do a careful and thorough PDI.

I plan to upgrade to a GP90 (or Linea) during mid 2012. I like both the cars and I am also going to face similar dilemma. Atleast my wife is sure she likes Linea outright. BTW thank God she likes FIAT cars ;)
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

If price difference is 80K then TJet + is all the way. Sedan Vs Hatch. Power Vs Economy. :D