1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help!!! Painting door handles & ORVMs in Linea Active variant

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Vidit Gupta, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Is thr any kind of prob. in applying Vnyl to door handels and ovrm..??i just booked Linea(active)..and i want it to be it of body coloured.... instead of black.i just went to tata services and thr body coloured paint is costing aorund 4k.:uh:(:mad:..so what should i do ...shouyld i apply vnyl or anything else.....suggest me guys...!:steering:confused::!:

Mods Note - Modified thread title.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vidit first let me me cogratulate you for new Linea.

Vinyl on door handles & mirrors is not a new thing to do. We have Anandlnt ( TFI Member) who used carbon fibre vinyl on his Punto mirrors. So go ahead with vinyls but make sure you do all this stuff from professional

3. Ya..for sure im going to do this from professionals...and how much carbon fibre vinyl cost....is it better(quality,durability) then a normal vinyl..??
    :D
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Carbon fiber vinyl has good quality. I used it for Rear Spoiler of my new 90HP Punto Diesel. It looks sporty.

You can use Carbon Fiber on mirrors and door handles should be in body color. I bought Carbon Fiber yesterday for Rs. 25/sq ft

I will recommend you to buy door handles of Linea Emotion Pack. It suits to Linea.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    hey congrats for ur Linea , u can use vinyl no problems at all but do this vinyl work from professional as kedar said

here are some pics of vinyl work done on my car

DSC03431.jpg DSC03434.jpg DSC03433.jpg
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @Aniket- Looks ubel cool!! BTW wats the size of the rims??
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I thought carbon fibre vinyl is always black in color. Please correct my misunderstandling, if any.

The thread starter wants to get the door handles and ORVMs body colored.

@Vidit Gupta- Painting the door handles is costly as they will have to remove all 4 door handles before painting them which is a tricky process in itself as I remember TFIan Sumit Bahl spending around 2.5 hours just to get them removed.
    You can get the ORVMs painted from some good body shop in your region for a better price as compared to the authorized service center.
    For getting the door handles painted from outside, you need to know whether they know how to remove these handles or not.
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    its 17" with 215/45 yoko AR1
  9. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Hi just wanted to know does 90 hp come with spoilers or are they aftermarket, and one more thing where in pune can you find carbonfibre vinyls.
  10. Pics luks Fab....and i'll go for carbonvinyls......luks awesome...!