1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help: Outside smell enters inside the cabin

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nethan, Jun 18, 2015.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

i have 2012 punto 1.3 and their is a fuel smell inside the cabin only during the rainy days or after a car wash, is that related to pollen filter.

it is a Manualy HVAC.

2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Then checking your Pollen Filter and cleaning it is a easy task in hand. Just open the Dash storage compartment, put you hand straight in and you should reach the flap, it has a round tapered hook sort of a plastic design inside to guide you(on the LH side of the Panel)
    Else you can go to your FASS and see how he does, you could ask for a change incase if it's dirty, this way you get to know how he did that.
    Fuel smell inside is another problem, it is probable leakage from the Fuel Pump gasket seeping in, usually if you fill you tank to Full and there is a issue with the gasket you can smell fuel until the level comes down that it is no longer at the brim.
  3. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is a Punto evo 90 hp, Got it just a month back and I have the same issue. Outside smell enters the cabin.