1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

help on buying linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by aviator1101, Jun 30, 2014.

1. aviator1101

aviator1101

kolkata
    Hi everybody,
    Im Priyatosh from Kolkata. Im in the defence forces presently posted in a remote area in Punjab. Im planning to buy the Linea T-Jet. The dealer ive contacted is offering me cash discount of 70-80k on the pre-facelift model. Is this a normal trend with dealers to dispose off the old stock or this guy is tring to sell off a lemon to me? And should I go in for the old one if nothings wrong? What do you veterans suggest? And since the nearest service centre is about 100 kms far from the place i am presently, is it worth setting my heart on the T-jet? What are the servicing schedules ? Pl guide friends.......Looking forward to sincere advice/ help
    1 person likes this.
  2. tjetter

tjetter Timido

Pune
    Hi Priyatosh, on the deal, yes the trend to offer discounts on pre facelifts or previous year of manufacture is vey much in vogue. On being remotely located, no worries, first service is at 5k, 2nd at 15k and 3rd at 45k.Fiats are well built and engineered to perfection. As you are in defence, do get the service done on time to avoid warranty cover getting void.Also avoid any after market fitment in the car that calls for play with cars electrical or engine within warranty period. Go for it.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    correction: 3rd at 30K and 4th at 45K
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Priyatosh,

As mods Ravi suggested pls inspect the car thoroughly if you are really intereted in the T-jet. You just cant ignore the car, there is a special pull. Regarding the discounts, it is generally stock clearance but Fiat provides the warranty for such vehicles. Just ensure that you dont get too old vehicle.

Cant you buy the car through the CSD services?
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Priyatosh, buying an ealier model should not be an issue. Please do a thorough PDI and if possible do a test drive before buying. Question is, how old is it i.e. when was it manufactured? There are people on the forum that have purchased TJets that are maybe 1 or 2 years old and they have not faced any big issue. However, if the car is more than 6 months old then thorough PDI is advisable

Which dealer are you buying from? Please try to confirm that the car was not used as a test drive vehicle

Please note that minor niggles may be present in the car (in fact cars from most manufacturers have some niggles) for which visit to the service station may be needed in initial stages. So the distance from service centre needs to be kept in mind

If the car is more than a year old, try to push hard for more discounts
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Priyatosh,
    I purchased my T-Jet in June'12, which was manufactured in Aug'11. I also got a dessent discount on it. I didn't have any single issue with my car that can be related to being on stock for long. Even today my car battery is good.
    Do a proper PDI and ask for some more dicount as I feel there is some chance to bargain.
  8. aviator1101

aviator1101

kolkata
    Thanks all. Today was a happening day.
    Ist event : Armed with all the info given by you guys, I called up the dealer. After a volley of my pin point questions, he seemed to give in and after almost 15 minutes of discussion, he finally said "let me check the stock once again, ill call u back". He did call but with a strange news. Said the pre-facelift model has been sold today morning. So there was none available. He said he could give me some discounts on the new 2014 linea T-jet. The insurance could be arranged free. Now, is that a good deal? He even provided me with the VIN number MCA110CCE09035070BJZ.
    2nd event : Went to Cargo Motors in Jullundur for a test drive of the linea T-jet. The sales guy said that there was no new 2014 model available for TD, so all he could do was arrange for a pre-facelift model. So test drive I did take, but on the pre-facelift model. So no checking of the cruise control. But trust me, i didnt miss much. It was real fun, overtakings just by putting down your right foot a little. The car was actually doing 80-85 in 5th gear at around 1800 rpm. The SA was trying to tell me about the features, but when I started explaining them better to him than he was to me, he started blushing. I told him to sit quietly and enjoy the ride. He complied with my instructions except for those few moments when I used to put the wiper on trying to use the indicator. Ive already fallen in love with the T-jet.
    Now the decision time.......Guys pl help on the VIN. It seems to be a feb 2014 model. should I go ahead if he is giving free insurance? Or I can bargain some more freebies?
    Is it a good bargain?
    Waiting eagerly for expert comments..

- - - Merged Post - - -

I AM buying the car through CSD facility. They are offering the discount on the CSD rate.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If they are offering CSD discounts even better. I suppose you could have a thorough PDI and push some more for discounts. But really I don't think dealers are offering massive discounts on MRPs especially on new models for now.

Best of luck..!
  10. aviator1101

aviator1101

kolkata
    I am getting free insurance on the new model. In that case, is it a steal?