1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

help on booking

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by yashwanth, Dec 21, 2014.

1. yashwanth

yashwanth Timido

Bangalore
    Is it a normal practice for the dealer to demand full money even before they give me a delivery date ?

I booked linea Tjet emotion from Vecto on 16th by paying 20k , subsequently gave them a letter of loan sanction from the bank , when I asked about a tentative delivery date, they demanded full money and only then they would be able to book the car from the plant.

What was more disappointing was the attitude of their sales staff - very arrogant & callous.

I cancelled the booking at Vecto and now waiting for my refund from them ..
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yaa,I felt too,they are a bit arrogant ,but I think you should try another dealer.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What a load of bull crap? Once they receive the booking, they will book the car for delivery from plant and inform about the delivery date. The full amount has to be paid before the registration for which you need to provide your go ahead after doing a mini PDI. Its good thing that the booking was cancelled. Write to Fiat India about the dealer's high handedness. Try booking the T-Jet with KHT or some other dealer in Bangalore.

Alternatively contact TFI nkrishnap, he can be of some help in dealing with the Vecto guys.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ABOVE I meant my dealer classic fiat,Lucknow is a bit arrogant too.;)
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As @ghodlur suggested, definitely give a strong worded feedback to Fiat @ Mangesh Kodalkar (email id already posted on TFI). And do further ask them how they can help you with the purchase. Ask them if they can direct any dealer to assist you properly for a smooth purchase experience. It is really annoying to see certain dealers depriving, dissuading in a way customers from buying some of the best cars and tarnishing brand image due to such practices.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. yashwanth

yashwanth Timido

Bangalore
    I have already made another booking at KHT, hoping I dont run into any other issues there. Have booked Tjet emotion in magnesia grey. Will look up Mangesh's id and send him an email as well. Thanks.

Have been a proud owner of a First edition punto in the past , sold the car a few months back after driving close to 90k km. Was waiting for a 1.6L multijet engine but realized its a pipe dream so went with the next best option with the Tjet.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @yashwanth

Mr. Adit Morzaria, (@adit) Director, KHT Motors active here on teamfiat as well as on facebook and responds fast. Hope it would be a pleasant experience at KHT Motors.

I,too, had waited for 1.6L mjd but it seems to be a distant mirage now. Having checked the present manufacturing date, which is around April 2014, I preferred to buy a 2015 manufactured Linea rather than picking one from old stock.

Congrats in advance. Do share your experience and pics.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nbvcrao I guess we'll get some sense of the timing of the INEVITABLE arrival of the 1.5/1.6 mjd once the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross launches early next year?
    nbvcrao and dadasaheb like this.
  9. yashwanth

yashwanth Timido

Bangalore
    Spoke to someone in KHT , they said they have a sept / oct model in stock.. not earlier .. I have asked him to share the VIN numbers just in case.

It will be a shame if 1.6 debuts in the S-cross before it features in a Fiat .. I feel sad when I see & tin cans like Ciaz, i20 elite etc .. getting the kind of booking numbers.. while Fiat struggles on that front ..
  10. Anoop M Scaria

Anoop M Scaria Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @yashwanth- Even I was not happy with the attitude of Vecto Motors staff. That made me book my Punto evo dynamic 1.3 from Adya, near Mekri Circle even though my preference was to book it from Vecto.. Got the vehicle in 4 days( Last Saturday). Had a pleasant experience so far. Courteous staff. At this point I will refer Adya motors to a new fiat buyer.
    prabhjot likes this.