1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed to select Alloys and Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Praveen Raj Patten, Feb 25, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    XM1+ are the tires shod on my maternal grandfathers' Wagon R, who happens to live in a village. And trust me, 90% of the time these tires don't even see metalled roads there. Just good ol' village roads and potholes the size of Mars. :)

If these tires can endure that, they should endure anything.

Cheers.
  2. Thanks Gurjinder. Me and Anish almost decided to go with Michelin XM1+. The current price quoted is 4500 per tire. Is this a good deal or negotiate further ?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've read a lot about G3 and i hear its a good tyre to choose, especially if you want grip and good handling in corners.
    But Bridgestones have been known to be quite noisy, I'm not sure how G3 works on that regard. But rest all it's really a good tyre.
    If you want quietness then take a look at Yoko C.drives.
    Its noise levels are low and handles good (Not as good as G3) . I've read about C.drives being a tad bit difficult to live with during heavy cornering but i guess people who have them can give you a better response.
  4. You can blindly buy the Michelin XM1+. I had a set on my earlier car and I literally abused it across 40k km. Not even a puncture :D
  5. Any one in Bangalore recently purchased Michelin XM1+ 185/70/R14 ? I have been quoted 4500 Rs per tire.
  6. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    if u going for alloys than go for 15" , if u want comfortable and silent ride than buy Yokohama db v550 or yokohama C drive both cost 4800-5000/tyre ,Grip is very good in dry , good in wet , michelins are good but i dont find reason to spend 800 more per tyre when u can get yokohama . Tried tested over 3 yrs , even michelins wont match the DB series of yokohama in comfort level . In C drive it feels like suspension has become soft or cushioned. side walls of both michelins and yoko's are almost same and prone to big potholes at high speed.
    I am big fan of yokohama and will be putting same in day for two in my new Punto.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

One Query
    is 205/60 R15 tyres fits in Punto without any modification , all tyre shop people said that it will TOUCH inside . Since suspension is raised in 2012 model ,i want to go for this size . what u guys say for this size ?
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use Continental CPC2 195 65R15. big disappointment in terms of grip (comapred tot he stock Bridgestone B250). Noise is similar. Life, looks like its going to last for ever, completed close to 20k km on this tyre and no sign of wear so far.
    Potenza and Turanza would be a better choice. Michelin and not for our roads with the soft side walls.
  8. Today went to Sai Iyengar tyres and came to know Michelin new series released. Michelin XM2 which is much better than XM1
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    XM2 is very new tyre for Indian market, so better avoid it for now till you get actual report.
  10. My friend already fit the XM2 and he is very happy with it. He says its much better than the XM1