1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed to select Alloys and Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Praveen Raj Patten, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hello friends,

Today myself and another TFI'an Anish went to some shops in Mission Road,JC road to choose alloy wheels and tires for our punto getting delivered next week. I have got some best quotes for alloys and tires.

Alloy brand : HRS 14inch H431 Hyper silver
    EVO alloys
    AVA alloys

Tire brand: Michelin Energy 185-70-R14
    Continental 185-70-R14

Please help me to choose one among these in alloys and tires.
  2. Not even a single reply for this post... still awaiting..
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Alloys are subject to one's tastes, mate. If you like a particular design, go for it. :)

Do keep in mind the PCD of the alloys and the hub centric rings for a perfect fit.

As for the tires, good to see you're going for the 185/70 R14. Much ideal for our Indian conditions than even the 15"s. Which Continentals are your referring to here.

Cheers.
  4. Hi Gurjinder,

I agree Alloy design is subject to person choice. I want to know which brand is best among HRS,EVO and AVA.
    Conti the dealer given only the specifiation 185-70-r14.

I need to know whether Conti 185-70-r14 or Michelin Energy 185-70-R14 better.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i liked those alloys... the stock ones were thicker which may not be to everyones taste. the stock punto alloy design is similar to weds sport SA67R.(or vice versa :) ).
    if you are planing to change both tyres and alloys, then i would seriously tell u to change to 15" and 195/60 or 65 stock spec as that would be the best bet without compromising on looks or comfort, have heard michelins are xm1+ energys are better than the rest of competition, from a friend. BTw this HRS ,ava, etc most of these brands are made under one roof in thailand from an info i got recently.
    Which colour punto are you taking ? if its white/red/black/FTA colour, go for gunmetal finish, else try hyper silver.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hey Praveen ,Even I m interested in buying alloys.Let me know from where you are buying good 98 PCD ones,I will also join you and may be together we can get a better deal.Pls PM me your number.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The best alloy brands are like this...
    1.) Lenso
    2.) Appollo (enkei/momocross)
    3.) League
    4.) HR

Apollo is by far very durable and sturdy but their designs are a bit dated.( at least I didnt like them)

PS:: I dont have any of these alloys so I'm not patronizing any particular brands. This is a result of my research in this field and after having asked a ton of people who use them and reading about them on various forums I've come to this conclusion.
    Lucky you that you're wheels are 100PCD so you have more options.. mine is 98 so stuck with steel :(

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Also i noticed that you've written about 'Continental'.
    If you've planned on buying Continental please dont go ahead with it.
    Their service is not great and these tyres have a bad reputation w.r.t durability on indian roads.
    They are generally of softer compound and are highly prone to damage through shredding..
    I know at least 4 guys who have had bad experience with continental
  8. Car color opted by me and Anish is Oceanic blue. I am sticking to Hypersilver in HRS brand pattern H431

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Thanks bro for providing that info. By the way how about Bridgestone Potenza GIII 185-70-R14 or Bridgestone Turanza ER60 against Michelin Energy 185-70-R14.

only HRS brand is coming in my budget and it is with 98+100 PCD. Most of the brand shown was in 100PCD which I dont want to go.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

@gopscreative,

I have PM'ed my mob number

MODS NOTE - Kindly go through - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/4679-request-when-quoting-posts.html
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For 185/70-R14, there are lots of choices.
    For comfort, go to Michelin XM1+. For grip, either Apollo Accelere or MRF ZLO.

Above tyres are better than Bridgestone (i think its ER 60) or Conti tyres.

10. Michelin XM1+ worried about the soft side walls and its long lasting