1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Needed on these Error Codes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by pemmasg, Oct 9, 2012.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Recently I visited BOSCH Car care center in Vadapalani, Chennai for intercooler cleaning as one of my turbo hoses came out of the position and was in that state for ~500KM run.
    There they scanned the ECU before starting the work with their diagnostic tool, it spitted the following error codes.

P0704 - Clutch Switch Malfunction.
    P0657 - Main Relay Malfunction.
    P2244 - Unknown Fault.
    P0130 - Unknown Fault.

They cleared these errors and performed the intercooler cleaning and went for a short ride and scanned once again for errors and no error is displayed.

I spoke to Siddarth of Tune-O-Tronics about the unknown errors and he told me that they are related to Lambda Sensor. I searched the internet and found that they are indeed belong to Lambda sensor Malfunction.

I am experiencing some low mileage and I am not sure whether I can attribute these errors to that. But my doubt is whether it is the sensor error or there is a issue in the wiring.

Apart from Low Mileage I am not seeing any Check Engine Light.

Can someone tell me how to solve this? Change the Sensor[bit Costly]? Change the Sensor and Wiring? How to check the wiring and proper reference voltage is being supplied to the O2 Sensor?

I found this link in the internet as explanation for the error codes I got.

http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P0130/Diagnostics/Fiat/Default.aspx
    http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P2244/Diagnostics/Fiat/Default.aspx

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If your car is under warranty then you could be able to change the sensor under warranty.
    Fiat forum will give more information on similar cases. If not searched please do a search there. Grande Punto - The FIAT Forum

Keep in touch with TASS as we may have to go under warranty if it is the sensor is malfunctioning.
    1 person likes this.
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks, I spoke to Concord guys in Chennai ECR. They asked me to bring the vehicle for checking, probably I will take my vehicle this week and I will update the forum on the results.

-Gopi

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Thanks, I spoke to Concord guys in Chennai ECR. They asked me to bring the vehicle for checking, probably I will take my vehicle this week and I will update the forum on the results.

-Gopi
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Gopi, are you going to apply for Exclusive Fiat Service in Chennai? :D

I think you are getting into too much of technical aspects in your car. I am sure that if you scan the ECU of any car, there will always be some error. Don't read too much into it. Leave this to TASS. And also, I don't think it is good idea to do servicing outside TASS when your car is still under warranty.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Torque Pro tells me this:

P2244 - O2 Sensor Reference Voltage Performance Bank1 Sensor1
    P0130 - O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank1 Sensor1)

Rajan
  6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    This is just a cleaning activity and they additionally did the ECU scan. Strictly IMO I can say these guys are little more professional than our beloved TASS guys. I agree that there could be always some errors if you scan the ECU but we need to have a eye on what they really are. Because I believe TASS guys may choose to ignore some for their convenience. You know they forgot to reset service interval during my third service.

Coming to these particular errors about the Lambda sensor, the possibilities for these errors are 1) The sensor wires disconnection when the ECU is ON 2) Really BAD Sensor 3) Wiring is damaged.
    I will be relieved if the error is (1). Now the challenge is how to determine whether it is (2) or (3).

But you know it is getting interesting when we get to know something about operational internals.

Hmm, In fact when I was in college I had a dream of having a workshop :) and I had this name "THE GREAT INDIAN MECH CLINIC" in mind.

Regards
    Gopi
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    You can get errors also if there is any battery issues.
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Had the same error code few months bank. Sensor was fine , issue was Turbo hose from Intercooler was leaking. Changed it for Rs750 from Pandit Auto.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Yesterday I went to ECR Concord to do ECU scan this time I got different errors with intermittent in nature. These are related to MAF sensor[Air Flow Meter].

P0100
    P0103

When I asked about the reason for these errors the technician said it could be because some one might have disturbed the sensor without disconnecting battery.
    But I am suspecting the entire wiring because two weeks back I got Lambda Sensor error now I got MAF sesnor errors. Now I plan to check again after 2-3 weeks time before concluding anything.

Regards
    Gopi