1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Needed on MJD Linea buying decision-Chennai

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sriraam, Nov 19, 2012.

1. sriraam

sriraam

Good day TFI'ans,

First things first.. i am not a automobile freak or someone who is crazy about the technical details but i love my cars for the comfort and how well i connect with them. On that note i have been mighty impressed with the love that i see from the Fiat owners vis-a-vis any other brand. This factor along with the beauty that the Linea is- has gotten me hooked to have it as my first choice to upgrade from my i20 Asta.

One of the main reason i am holding back is because of the scary service experience that i have been reading everywhere coupled with the fact that the vehicle isnt niggle free. The family is pushing me to consider the Vento because of the 'reliability' and overall 'quality'.

So Long story short

1. Why Linea over Vento?
    2. Is the service that bad in Chennai especially after owning Marutis and Hyundais?
    3. Any clue when the exclusive Fiat S&S starting here?

All help welcome because this indecision is driving me nuts!
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The only drawback I personally see in Linea over the Vento is power, Apart from that there isn't a reason I would consider Vento. Also to add buying a car is relatively simple by maintenance is a big part and the servicing costs are huge for VW. A Linea should cost you around 5K every 15K KM's.

Can't comment as this is my first car - But the TASS are a bit lethargic, however get the work done. They are far more accommodating than the VW guys presently.Personal rapport with the SA works very well and I've been getting good service from TAFE Reach so far.

Would like to heard from you the service costs and service experience with Hyundai.

Have a look into this post and also the complete thread to get the complete picture. The expected timeline is early part of next year, How good are they going to be servicing our cars is something we've to wait and watch.
  3. sriraam

sriraam

Thank a lot mate for your quick response.. much appreciated! :)

There is one more thing.. We have a habit of exchanging cars in say 3-4 years time.. Any one can shed light on the resale value in comparison?

Personally speaking i am sold on the Italian beauty but need points to get the family convinced :D
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sriram, I assume you had done test driving of both Linea and Vento. If not, please take some time and do a good test drive of both the cars.

Vento has better brand and powerful engine, but Linea has more style, low maintenance costs and much more features.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re-sale for a Fiat in general is lower than it's peers Maruti, Hyundai. If you're looking for re-sale I wouldn't even consider the VW because looking at their service costs and attitude wouldn't be surprised with low re-sale values few years down the line. But all this is in the current market situations, no one can predict how it's going to be 3-4 years down the line. If I were you I would pick what my heart wants rather to live with something with a compromise.

If you're really concerned about re-sale value why not pick the Hyundai Verna - you're already had a good experience with Hyundai and hopefully it's road dynamics as well!
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't know how reliable is Vento. Both in terms of service and car. For example look at VW Downtown Bangalore take 60 days for a 2 day repair job - Team-BHP
    If one ask a reliable car I would suggest City.
    Service cost of Vento will be much higher compared to Linea. My colleague who is having a polo said he paid nearly 8+ for his second service.
  7. sriraam

sriraam

Thanks again..

You are right, the heart it is.. as i'd mentioned i am already very convinced but i am sure some of you would have been in my situation while buying cars withthe family suggesting against your wishes..

Yes, resale is something which is considered.. i missed another important aspect to the discussion.. we just got a verna fluidic.. the vehicle is nice and all but i am not sure that i would want a factory line garage with the two same cars in different colours max.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Oh if i'd missed this earlier.. its a Diesel sedan that i am looking for and the only diesel Honda vehicle in the horizon is the Brio that too around April if i am not wrong.