1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Needed: MP3 CDs not playing in Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rudresh, Jan 28, 2013.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @rudresh

Do as i say once.Just convert a few files and burn them to a cd.Even if your player doesn't play then replace your Head unit in warranty.Does it read an Audio CD?
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India

Yes it does play audio CDs. I will try your suggestions
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rudresh.. I also had very similar problem on my 1.3MJD dynamic.. Buring CD's with Nero does not work always (wasted upto 4 cds).. There is a software available called UltraISO which is very light weight and user friendly with which you can burn mp3 cd's and it works perfectly fine on Punto HU..
    Do you remember what error do you get when you insert a CD burned with Nero? I tried playing the CD burned with Nero in few of the players and it gave checksum error.. I am not sure about this error.. :-(
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Use a rewritable CD (CD-RW) next time and also close the session on the disk. Also try writing the CD slowly, it's helped me in the past (write on computer; play elsewhere).
  5. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    If you're using windows xp, just right click all the songs/folders and send them to CD. Then click on the icon you see next to the clock and complete the process. Write these in Data format itself. This should work. No need of Nero or any other software. I do this on my mac running windows XP on bootcamp and it works perfectly. It throws an error, when i write in Mac OSX though.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have burned two discs so far on my Win 8.1 PC.

01. I burned an Audio CD (17 tracks in .wav format with 80 minute limit). I was trying to burn mp3 CD but the Win Media Player had other plans.

So I came to know that you can burn only Audio CD or Data CD in Windows 8.1.

02. Now I again burned a disc in Data CD mode with mp3 songs. This CD does not work in the CD player of Punto and ejects after a few seconds of struggle. I thought maybe the Data CD mode does not work and I need a dedicated mp3 CD burning option.

This thread has now confused me. It seems people are able to listen to data CDs.

I am planning to download some mp3 CD burning software like UltraISO as recommended in one of the post above.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I recently burnt a cd with mp3 songs through the powerdvd software on Windows 8.1. The CD was burnt as a data disc. The songs are played without any hiccups.

The only issue I see is the headunit is too slow reading the cd.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  8. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also you make sure do not burn for the entire ~680MB.. Try burning 550MB or something like that.. I had faced issues where I tried burning (I used Nero, Alcohol etc but nothing worked except UltraISO) till the last available sector in the CD and the HU started skipping songs automatically (new feature in Delphi HU :D).. Wasted money in burning CD and finally decided to go with Pioneer HU which has mixtrax as well.. Now I am very much happy playing the same CD in Pioneer without any issue.. Also I have USB as well.. :)
  9. JoseC

JoseC Timido

Netherlands
    Hey guys,

I joined this forum because I saw this thread about the DataMP3 Cd reading problems.
    I was wondering, @PaddleShifter, did you finally figure out how to listen to Data/MP3 CDs?

I'm pretty dumb with technology, so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right. The Data/MP3 CDs, it is like to be able to listen to say 100+ tracks in a single CD, instead of about 20, right?
    I burnt already a couple of CDs, and after reading this thread I downloaded that software UltraISO.
    Burning normal audio CDs (about 20 tracks) is not a problem and it works in my car player.

Now before I keep burning CDs, I wanted to ask you guys if you managed to make it work, and which settings do I even use in UltraISO. I have simply dragged and dropped the files and did as follows, but still unable to read the Data CDs. (Btw, I'm using common TDK CD-R80, 700MB CDs).

1) https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnb8zrbvsxyzkfz/Clipboard01a.jpg
    and https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmns2rvffhhgpii/Clipboard01b.jpg

2) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvqvfmurivr5yw7/Clipboard02.jpg
    3) https://www.dropbox.com/s/857r5udgb8fc12c/Clipboard03.jpg

Do you know what am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.
  10. jafrin ibrahim

jafrin ibrahim Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    actually the problems is in bit rate . 128 kbps oly ll play fiat punto audio system . audio cd will work in all audio system but in audio system we can able save 16 to 17 songs max .. so the proper process to create mp3 is very simply .. go to itunes 10 r above then create playlist n right click the playlist . you will see burn the playlist click it .. then you ll see mp3 cd option, click n burn it... all ur songs will compressed . we can use 150+ songs using this steps .. it ll work in fiat punto.. check it // cheers