1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Needed: MP3 CDs not playing in Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rudresh, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I am burning the cds with Nero burning SW as simple drag and drop method to burn as ROM. but The HU is not playing. Wasted 2 cds, reading error. Can anyone guide how to burn MP3 CDs for HU? Is there any special setting needs to be chosen for it?
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Any Suggestions here? :confused
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do normal music CDs works, if yes could be format issue.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Are your mp3's in variable bit rate?? Blue n Me does have an issue with variable bit rate files.Trying converting your mp3's using any good software like Lame or Ultra MP4 Convertor.Convert your files to 192kbps or 256kbps Layer 3 ACM, 44100khz Joint Stereo.

Even after doing this if the issue aint solved then get your HEAD UNIT replaced under warranty.

Do your burnt cds play in another cd player apart from your pc??
    1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    try to write the cd as data cd.. it will work...
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @rishike007

Nero takes DATA and MP3 cd in same format i.e ISO 9660.Makes no difference,the option is just made for newbies who are new to using Nero!
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    First try playing the CDs in any other CD player or PC. If it plays fine, there is no reason why it should not play in HU.

Try writing as data CDs.

Reading error can be because of dust on CD player lens or on the magnetic area of the CD itself. I used to get this error when I don't use CD player for long; I mostly listen to the FM. Then I used to clean the CD and play them again. They used to work.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks All for the suggestions. Actually I am trying to play CD for 1st time after buying the car. Well the variable bit rate could be an issue as I did not pay attention while burning. I burned the CD as data CD. I will try to play an audio CD and see.
  9. U dont need any specific settings for this....I do use the same s/w to burn my re-writable cd's...and works vry fine @ my end....Just get it checked....

Rudresh...though u burn in data mode...it shud work....I always do burn in data mode....
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Okay I burning it as Audio CD and it worked fine.

But Mp3s, still a problem.

Srinath,

I burned in a Data mode only. It tries to read it for a while then gives the error. Could be a VBR as pioneeraaron mentioned?