1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed in Buying my First car(Grande Punto)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shankspatel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys,

Took another td of both 75 and 90 back to back, this time a bit long td, 90 hp did seems a bit quick after 3rd gear and the gear box felt a bit refined.

Will plan the whole finance again to see if I can go for 90 hp, I heard from one of my friend that 75 hp with Pete's box performs better than 90, is it true?

Saw both th OB and HHB colored punto parked side by side, I instantly lost my heart to HHB and decided to go for it, is HHB difficult to maintain compared to OB?

I have an another query regarding finance option.
    I heard that ITR form is needed for finance from the banks, as I have changed to companies last year and haven't filed the ITR. Is there any finance companies which provide the loan without ITR, I have my salary slip of last 6 months.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Its your choice whether you would like to buy 75hp & later get Pete's tune box to it or go for 90hp now.OB & HHB are Truly Awesome.HHB & OB maintainance is same.Its left to your Heart now which to go for?Either 75hp with OB or HHB colour or else 90hp with OB or HHB colour.I have no idea about these finance& ITR
  3. Hi Shashank,

Iam a Punto owner for almost 2 yrs and normal highway driver . I have a 76HP TW , I never felt my car sluggish cruisiing in 100Km/hr. Its smooth and its fun to drive if u wanna cruise more than 130 then i will suggest go for 90HP . 76HP is gud in city drives and highways if u r cruising in 90-110 Km.hr. Anyways welcome to FIat family
  4. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Shashank I own a Punto 76hp and I've driven it consistently above 100kmph almost all the time whenever possible. Never felt any lack of power. But I haven't driven a 90hp in highway yet. If I'm to buy a car again, I will buy a 90hp. Stretch a bit if you can. But no way if you could buy 90hp, don't worry 75hp is not a compromise :) You will love it ...any day.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Whatever you do to the 75HP, it cannot hold a candle to the 90HP on the highways.

I would say decide based on your usage. If more than 70 percent is within city go for 75HP eyes closed. 75HP is much better within city.
  6. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Guys,

After giving it a thorough thought, I have decided to go for the 90 hp one, due to this I have to postpone my plan to book the car to the next month, so that I have time to save bucks for extra down payment.

I am already starting to feel frustrated as I have to wait 30 days more than my original plan for my first car, but hell ts not like I book a car every day, I don't want any regrets.

After all she will be my partner for atleast 5 years.
    3 people like this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Shanks for deciding on 90hp.Dont worry these 30 days will pass quickly.
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I think Form 16 would do instead of ITR acknowledgements. In my case I gave my Form 16. Once again congrats on your decision.
  9. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  10. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Guys,

I was about to leave to Fiat showroom today to book the punto 90 hp, then i received a call from one of the SAs from Vecto motors saying that there has been a change in the offers, that they have reduced around 5k from gift cheque(ie 20k to 15k) and according to him there is no free insurance any more for this month, but they are offering a accessories pack for free( even he doesn't know what the accessory pack may contain).

so any ideas what the accessory pack may contain, should i go ahead with my booking or should i wait for another month. feedback would be highly appreciated.