1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed in Buying my First car(Grande Punto)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shankspatel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes gurjinder, as long as speeds are kept within 100kmph, 75 or 90 doesn't make much of a difference and as a plus you get a peppier drive within city with the 75HP.

But if you are one who enjoys being pushed in the seats occasionally and would like to have some fun on the highway, even if it's within 100kmph, the 90 can give more fun on how you get there.

Just my inputs.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I took the delivery of 75 last month from AAdya, it is good to drive in city but not much peppy.you can take test drive of both in city condition and decide.
    Go with other dealers vecto or kht not with AADYA.
    You can bargain hard with above dealers,any how the sales is not in peak state.
  3. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear all thank you for your valuable suggestions, will take the td of both 75 and 90 hp back to back tomorrow and will decide whether to go for 90 hp.

Please clarify whether there is any other difference between those 2 cars other than turbo, because I have heard that the interior quality of 90 hp is better compared to 75 one

- - - Merged Post - - -

Vistaji,

How much did you pay onroad??
    Did you have any bad experience with AAdya?
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Visually, the 90HP has chrome wherever you would find silver in the interiors of the 75HP.

Also, the dashboard plastic is softer to touch on my 90HP when compared to the 75HP. Am not sure if this trend continues. So give it a check while at the TD.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  5. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,

I took the test drive of both cars today back to back today , but I was not able to tell much difference, may be because the drive was a short one and within the city.

So I have decidd to go for the 75hp one as I am a bit tight on vitamin M for now, in the future if I feel it needs more juice, may be I will go for remapping or use Pete's box or something.

The SA at KHT told me that the prices for the festival came in and there is no changes n the prices, however I have decided to wait for another ten days before booking.

I am thinking of going for the OB color, please suggest whether it is hard to maintain that color

The members from Bangalore please suggest me some shops where I can get some vinyls for my new car.
  6. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Shashank, my brother-in-law was also in similar situation, he also took short TD of both and felt 75HP is enough. But he is repenting his decision now whenever he goes out on highways.

I have 1.4 Petrol, I drove my BIL's 75hp many times on highways and also one of my friends 90hp, my sincere suggestion, 40K diff doesn't feel more compared to the joy you will get. Since you will keep this car long time, stretch for once, bargain for little more and go for 90hp. I rate in this order, 90hp ---> 1.4 ---> 75hp ---> 1.2
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hi Shashank.If you feel 75 hp is enough for you & vitamin m is less then go for it.Later on you can go for remapping or pete's tuned box.This is good to know that prices havent been hiked for festive season.Fiat is the only brand in India which hasnt hiked prices for festive season due to rise in input cost bcoz of falling in rupee value.OB is an exclusive colour & Awesome colour.Yes it requires more maintainance than White or Minimal Grey.But if you ready to maintain it then go for OB only.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Please note that OB is a premium colour as per Fiat website. Have you been charged extra for the same, pls confirm.
  9. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur they have quoted me for premium color only, the SA told me if I go for red color(non metallic) another 6k will come down,

I will probably gonna sit for negotiations on Monday,

For now the prices they have quoted is around 818000. For 76 emotion variant.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and go Ahead with the 75HP, as it is fine unless you have a drag race, The main concern is the Build Quality is same in both.
    OB is a great Color but fissy to maintain, need to clean and wax it everytime to get the Fresh Look.