1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed in Buying my First car(Grande Punto)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shankspatel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello All,

My name is Shashank and I am from Bangalore. I have decided to book My first car ie. Grande punto this week, I have visited all the 3 fiat showrooms in Bangalore(KHT, Aadya and vecto) The average on road price they have quoted after all the discounts is around 818000 for 75 emotion variant and 855000 for the 90 variant.

My questions are
    1. is 90 hp version worth the extra 45k as i am bit tight on vitamin M
    2. what should be the optimal price for the emotion variant ie. how much should i bargain.
    3. all of my friends and relatives are trying to convince me to go to I20, but i have lost my heart to this Italian Beauty. is Punto worth my decision.
    4 which is the best showroom for servicing in Bangalore (ie I will buy from who ever quotes the lowest)
    5 The festival season is near should i wait for more discounts, as i have heard there will be good discounts during Diwali.

Thank you all in advance and waiting for your valuable suggestion

- Shashank
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Shashank. Your heart is pulling you in the correct direction. Listen to it ;)

As for the 90hp vs 76hp - well , this question will always be around till the time Punto is sold in India. :) I'd go with the 76hp in a heartbeat. Have driven 3 Punto 76hp's and I can say I didn't find them lacking in power. When PaddleShifter and myself were coming from Delhi, we were cruising at 100kmph and the engine felt utterly relaxed and not under any strain.

And yes, do wait up for the Diwali offers to start pouring in. Can be some good deals to be had.

Cheers.
  3. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Shashank, You are in the right path.

I got my 76 hp punto in Chennai last month for 7.6 after a lengthy bargain.
    IMO, I feel the 8.18L for 76hp is on little higher side. I am not sure about Banagalore, but you can get a decent discount in Chennai (at least below 8L tag).
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ patel, Congrats for your Punto. As Gurjinder opined, 76 hp Punto is itself a workhorse and its much more agile at city speeds. However, if you are a frequent highway miles cruncher and can afford 90 hp, go for it and enjoy the extra thump at highway speeds. @RedPoint, Punto 76 hp Emotion does cost @8.10 lacs at present in Bangalore . It is surely costlier than Chennai.
  5. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gurjinderji,

Thank you for your reply, I heard from a SA today there will be some hike before Diwali, is it true?

My usage includes both city and high way cruising equally, is 76 variant capable for doing that task

-Shashank
  6. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    76 punto is well capable for highway ride (but lesser fun than a 90 hp) and very well capable for city (> a 90 hp) conditions, IMO
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If it's 50 50 city highway usage, go for the 90HP. It's more fuel efficient than the 75HP on the highways too.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Patel,If you can afford 90hp go for it.Its hell lot of fun to drive on highways & its effortless on highways,cruises easily till redline & has better mileage than 75hp on highways but 75hp is better in city & more efficient in city but 75hp gets noisy & slow to pick pace to reach till redline on highways.Its your choice to decide whether 75hp or 90hp.Is Fiat also going to hike its cars prices?which dealer SA said to you about this?Go with KHT to buy ur Punto.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Like I said above, to me, even the 76 is more than enough of tackling any highway drive you want to undertake. Ample power to cruise @100 and for overtaking maneuvers. I am a sedate driver with max cruising at 100kmph so my opinion is based around this fact.

Do not feel that you are "losing" out on a LOT if not getting the 90. Get a long TD of both the 76 and 90 and experience them yourself. Do make sure to feel the upper rpm-band power of both the engines as that is the main differentiation area. Apart from that, they are sort of equal and the 76 has an upper edge in lower rpm-band response.

It was in a 76hp Punto that TFIan Dattatray did Bombay-Gurgaon in 21hours flat and with one tea stop :)

Cheers.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shashank,

If you can get over the Vit M issues then 90 HP is an ideal car. Also if your driving is mostly highways then also 90Hp is your car. If not for all other reasons 75HP would be more than enough. Bargain to get a good deal. Also I wouldnt wait till the festival season coz it is rumoured that the price difference is not going to be any major considering the present auto scenario.

Fiat is the only manufacturer who hasnt hiked the car prices as yet in comparison with other manufacturers, so take the plunge and buy whichever suits you. Dont look in any case towards the i20 which is plagued by lot of issues and is overlooked by many buyers in the pursuit of bells & whistles.
    1 person likes this.