1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

help needed for ICE upgrade of punto emotion 2013

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by soorajc, Aug 15, 2013.

1. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    Recently i bought a punto emotion.I would like to upgrade the ICE by retaining the blue & Me ,so the stock headunit also.I like more midbass in the music,but a detailed music experience.Dont want to go for an ultra high end system.Heard that PHD,MOREL and HAT are better for that kind of music.Experts please suggest me a 6.5" 2 way component speaker for the front,6.5 inch coaxials for the rear and 4 channel amplifier.I want the amplifier turned off when the HU is turned off.Thats the plan for first stage.I would like to add a monoamplifier and a subwoofer in the second stage.Preferring amplifiers carrying india warranty and service service in india.

Thanks a ton in advance.
  2. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    I ordered GERMAN MAESTRO CS 6508 IV 6.5" component,Focal solid 4 amplifier,Focal 4 guage amplifier kit, Infinity - Reference 6502ix 6.5 inch coaxial and focal RCA cable.Planning to reuse the JBL 12" subwoofer and the JBL GTX646 amplifier to drive the sub.As a second stage planning a good mono preferably focal solid1 and a 10" HAT subwoofer.Any suggestions dear ICE gurus.is it required 2 guage powercable for the focal solid4 and focal solid1?
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Soorajc,
    Welcome to TFI. Saw your query thread in GH.
    Are you planning to change the existing H.U ?
    Go through the official thread here

Post some of the pictures of your ride

Rajeev
  4. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    No Rajeev, I have no plan to change the OEM HU.Thats why i didnt go for a high end install. Infinity - Kappa 100.9w 10" subwoofer is the latest addition to the equipment list.Now urgently require help to get the dimensions of a sealed enclosure.
  5. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

patiala
    First of all congratulations for your new car and I like you also bought a new 2013 model 1.3 mjd punto emotion and I too wanted to retain the blue and me and the stock unit so just replaced my stock speakers with :-
    Front - Auditor RIP 165c
    Rear - Kenwood KFC-G1620
    Total Cost - Rs 5000(along with couplers and fitting charges)
    The sound is crisp,loud and the bass is superb not too much and not low,simply midblowing.
    Do consider this configuration and my blue and me and headunit is retained.