1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help needed,Clutch completely pressed to the floor, came back after lifting with hand

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sreedhara_bj, Sep 9, 2013.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its the CSC issue, I was facing the same last week. It is a leakage from the CSC and will fail eventually.
    Don't take the car in traffic. My cars clutch failed (again) on a busy street and later towed to FASS (Balaji Auto World) by RSA.
    The job take max. half an hour if the part is available (fixing and bleeding the oil).
    My ext warranty was already void because I have done the last service from outside.
    I had to pay 2627.00 (CSC) + 370.00 (oil).

2. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Thanks Rajeev and all for the information. Mine is under Extended warranty, but it might not be honored as I skipped 4th service. I'm going to KHT Motors tomorrow.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  3. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I would advise calling them up before visiting. Although they did attend to me , if their hands are full they may ask you to come another day.
  4. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Ya I did, although I didn't get slot through service booking, I spoke to Shivram Nayak directly, he told me to visit :). Even I spoke to Channabasappa of Vecto motors, he also told same thing.

Also I will try to drive as much as possible, if stuck, RSA is there anyway .
  5. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Today morning successfully drove my car to the KHT Motors, almost 30 kms, slowly in 2nd/3rd gear, started home by 6.45 AM, reached FASS by 8:15. After reaching the garage, clutch stuck again :D.

Asked them to replace push rod, there are no leakages etc. Will clutch cylinder be fine? What will be the indication of its failure? SA told they will check it and get back, not received any call till now. Since I am in hurry, asked them to give the car back by 2 PM. Just Waiting..

Edit: Of topic, after this my love towards car increased even more, as it reached destination without troubling anywhere in between, it was 100 % earlier :mrgreen:. Recently gave her 3M treatment, exterior paint protection sealant, vinyl wrap, AC Duct cleaning total cost 9.5k. Many told its too costly, but it deserved :)
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sree, I suffered the same last month. My CSC go broken while driving and the RSA had to send a flatbed to tow car to the nearest FASS.

I had to pay Rs3000 for CSC including labour (Rs2700 is the price of CSC). The money of CSC is supposed to be refunded to me by the dealership after I sent a mail to FIAT India showing photos of the plastic CSC and how it wasn't replaced during any of my subsequent visit to the TATA ASC throughout 2011 and 2012.

If there are no leakages, a simple replacement of the pus rod will be good enough and the job should be free in my opinion as the plastic rods HAVE BEEN replaced with metal as part of a RECALL (push rod is definitely free as it is part of the recall).
  7. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Finally got it done. There was problem with cylinder also. So it took more time than expected. SA told it won't be covered even under extended warranty since I drove the car to garage. If it was towed, then its considered as breakdown and could have made claim. One more logic - cylinder is under normal wear and tear, so not covered.
    Then I spoke to Shivram Nayak, he was indeed very helpfull. Nice person to talk to. He gave me one suggestion, since it takes time to claim under warranty and I was in a hurry to get the car, he told me to pay whatever the amount (Rs 3200 in total), but next week I booked for 4th service, so they will re-reimburse the amount that time.
    Met 2 TFIan's today, I forgot their names (please reply if you happen to see this post) :confused, One guy came for routine service, other with some issue. For his Punto, for the fog lamps, they have put 100 w bulb it seems, :(. I guess they agreed to replace it after talking to Shivram Nayak.
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good to see your car back to normal. Enjoy your trip :)
  9. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Hi Sreedhara,

Its me Sathish met you @ KHT.

They have replaced with 100W bulb instead of 55W for FOG lamp. When I told them about it, to my surprise no body aware of correct wattage for FOG lamp. Finally after showing the manual to them & discussing with Shivram Nayak issue was resolved. Will post complete details under 'FIAT Exclusive Service Center: KHT Motors Bangalore'.