1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help need to resolve High frequency distortion with JBL s649 Components

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nmurthyks, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3

I did that same trick with my hu for my cadance compos.. what I feel is that the oem 20 watt speakers (without even a coaxial twitter unit) are such a shame for a system like this. so some how to produce a better(crisp) sound from the stock setup they system always keeps the treble at the higher side. so if you go for compos or a 3 way coaxial stuff .. u need to cut that extra treble . ;)
  2. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    you can try to exchange to exchange with DLS . vocals sound the best with DLS . The Hertz energy series is also good .the low end Deici series is no good ,but to be honest none of the speakers will sound their best without an amp . Alternatively you can get a midbass and tweeter separately . If you do not have bias towards pioneer or alpine you can try the D series pio .JBL and Infinity are no good .. the mids are shrill and the highs bleed the ears .

The best way to go about choosing a speaker is to look at the tweeter . That is the biggest difference btwn high end components and low end ones . I would suggest going for silk dome , or cloth based tweeters . They are mostly softer compared to the metal tweeters . Another consideration would be to go in for a minimum of 1 inch tweeter . mostly the low end components are sold with .5 or .75 inch tweeters . A good start would be to buy the tweeters separately like the polk dB 1001 series . A search for those tweeters leads to snapdeal as the cheapest .
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013