1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Me to solve Rear Speaker Jarring.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by vista7155, Apr 6, 2014.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    Recently i have changed From OEM music system to Pioneer DEH-1590 UB and changed the Speakers to RockfordFosgate front it is co-axial and Rear it is Component.I am facing Jarring from rear speaker and low quality in output sound.
    Can anybody suggest the better solution from below order which is economical.

1.Changing the speaker position from door to the rear parcel tray.
    2.Adding the Bass Blocker.
    3.Adding new Amplifier.
    4.Installing noise-dampening products.

if any Expert sound installing person help is required please give me the address of the shop in bangalore.

Note to moderators if any thread existing on same topic please feel to merge it.
  2. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    Hi,

I have a similar setup in my Punto, RF Prime comps in front and co-axs at rear.

1. Why did you install speakers the other way around? Whose advice was this? I am asking as everyone with any knowledge of ICE will advice you otherwise.

2. I have damped my front doors (the ones with comps) and I will suggest you to do the same to fix the jarring issue.

3. I am planning to change my HU after trying to live without USB for 2.5 years, so your feedback on Pio 1590 will be appreciated.

Cheers.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    hi,
    sorry it is typo error front it is with compo and rear it is with co-axial.But the issue is jarring and if i set the fader to the rear the SQ is very poor :confused:.
    Please confirm SQ in your Car.And if i go for any damping which brand you are going to recommend?
    Pioneeer is good for what i have paid it has Aux,USB,CD,FM and 3RCA out. cost was around 4.5k.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to listen again by sitting in the rear seat. I believe it is due to vibrations in the sheet metal. Damping shall solve the issue if this is the reason. DAMPMAT is an excellent damping material from India. A 4 sq. feet sheet costs around Rs1000/- (cheaper than dynamat). I am using dampmat since almost 1 year.

@5hadow- What is your budget for head unit? Also, do you plan to add an external amplifier later or just want to change drive speakers from the head unit itself? Do check snapdeal and see what fits your budget. From time to time, some really good deals do come up.

Car Audio: Buy Car Stereo, Speakers, Subwoofers, Music System for Car | Snapdeal.com Stereos|CarStereoFeatures_s:Single-DIN|

Pioneer DEH X3590UI for example is available for less than 5k.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    Thank you for the suggestion.I am going to Try DIY for next weekend.
    Do you know any contact or online link to get the above product.
    For 2 rear doors what size i have to get and any link to get the idea how to do it by our self.

as i am novice i am asking the below question again in order to save money and time.
    instead of going for Damping can i move the speakers to parcel tray, which is the better solution in prospect of SQ.

Thanks in advance.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you can move speakers to parcel tray. Its a great option as you also have an option to install 6x9" oval coaxials if you want.

But since the parcel tray idea is to save cost, just move current speakers to parcel tray.

For damping you need at least 1 sheet of 4 square feet per door for basic damping. You can check out dampmat on facebook.

There are other cheaper options for damping as well. There is a good DIY by TFI member sine04. I am typing from mobile hence can not search threads and post links right now.
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    Thank you for the reply i will move the speakers to parcel tray.
    any how i have already spent around 16K for the ICE and further i don't want to raise the cost in installing the Damping.
    May be a stupid question :confused:.I have installed round speakers in the doors, is it going to make any change in SQ if we install these speakers instead of Oval's?

Thanks in advance for the reply.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a genuine question. Please do not say thanks btw as a forum is meant for such discussions. :)

Thing is that 6x9 inch size oval coaxials have a bigger woofer cone as compared to 6.5" circular speaker. Oval speakers thus produce more bass as compared to a 6.5" coaxial speaker. Our old M800 has these oval JBL speakers and bass feels good.

But I guess since you are already having round coaxials, you can install them in the parcel tray as new speakers dont seem that worth.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I guess I should clarify again. If you install your current 6.5" speakers on a parcel tray, I believe you will get good sound because the door's sheet metal vibrations decrease SQ. I have not yet experienced 6.5" on parcel tray so can not be 100% certain and thus my statement is based on theoretical considerations only.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I guess I should clarify again. If you install your current 6.5" speakers on a parcel tray, I believe you will get good sound because the door's sheet metal vibrations decrease SQ. So as compared to a speaker located in the doors without damping, audio should be better in a set up with speakers on the parcel tray. I have not yet experienced 6.5" on parcel tray so can not be 100% certain and thus my statement is based on theoretical considerations only.
  9. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    I am using Stock HU and SQ is decent. Remember, SQ is a very subjective term. To elaborate a bit, I listen mostly to FM and CDs and I can tell a big difference if I am playing a high quality CD (even MP3s) compared to FM or low quality CDs. Also, my usual listening volume is 7. If the track requires me to pump up the volume ;) I go up to max 14. After this level, even I experience jarring and I can tell clearly that it is coming from the co-axs in the rear doors, which are not damped.

Like I said earlier, I have only damped front doors due to budget constraints. At the time, dampmat did not exist so I had to spend good money on Stinger. I would strongly recommend to damp the doors depending on your budget. Moving speakers will not help much.

@Paddle - Thanks for the advice. Actually, I am confused. I would love to have amp n sub but I just can not compromise boot space and I do not want to spend big money on underseat woofer (which are not even that good as most people say). Hence, I can not decide which HU to go for. But I do not know how long can I live burning CDs ever so often. :(
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    5hadow- I would be the last person on TFI to change the HU and lose stock looks but even I had to do it. Its really tough to burn CDs every fortnight.

My recommendation would be to keep an eye on snapdeal. Maybe open it once daily. Every few days or few weeks, some really mouth watering deal comes up. Last week, the 7590SD HU was selling at 5.5k against its MRP of 8-9k in the market and other online places. Today its selling for 8k again with 10% discount.