1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me to find scooter under 45000Rs

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by santhukp, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Santhukp....

Go with Mahindra.. I own Mahindra Duro since three years.. A complete hassle free vehicle not a single niggles during this many years. I stick to every 3 month / 3000 KM service schedule.

Ride Comfort better than Activa and Suzuki Access
    Handling best after TVS Wego
    Mileage in city getting 30 KM/L but newer Duro will gives you around 40 KM/L
    Parts are available in market hence service is no problem.
    Maintenance cost 700 Rs / Service Till Now
    Only Problems with resale value.

Longest trip completed with my Duro (Me, Wife and Son with Luggage)
    1. Bangalore - Mysore - Bangalore = 350 KM (2 Days) Including Chamundi Hills
    2. Bangalore - Chikmangloor - Bangalore = 1000 KM (4 Days)

Flyte / Duro / Rodeo - I Preferred Duro a practical commuter....
    3 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Having ridden my one of my friends Suzuki Access a couple of times I can say it is pretty good. On my suggestion only he bought it instead of buying another Activa in family. His brother however likes the Activa more.

@Santhukp, going from Kedarbendre's description, you should atleast check out (test ride) the TVS Wego, maybe you will feel it's worth a budget extension. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Handling of TVS Wego is best in class but not have ability to carry load.... It cries if little more weight has thrown to it........
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think you need to stretch your budget get a decent scooter. As most of scooter are priced above Rs. 45k.

Get a scooter which has a telescopic suspension and you will not be disappointed by the scooter.

Scooters which has Telescopic Suspension in the market are:

1. TVS Wego
    2. TVS Jupiter
    3. TVS Scooty
    4. TVS Scooty Pep
    5. Mahindra Rodeo
    6. Mahindra Duro DZ
    7. Honda Aviator
    8. Honda Activa 125
    9. Suzuki Swish
    10. Suzuki Access
    11. Yamaha Ray
    12. Yamaha Alfa

Check this news update for Suzuki scooters. I would suggest to stay away from Suzuki Access and Swish. Suzuki Let’s is also good option. I still suggest to check Wego and Jupiter.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What are the cons of access and swish, and what is better about Let's, please elaborate.

Yamaha Alpha has 21ltr storage and can accomodate a full size helmet btw.

- - - Merged Post - - -

That reminds me of a specific community within Mumbai that swears by Activa especially due to their being able to carry goods from one trader to another effortlessly. It's like an official goods transport vehicle among small time traders.
    2 people like this.
  6. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Scooty pep and Pleasure fits in my budget i guess.I am in interested in Mahindra because i feel i may get some discounts( working in mahindra Family):confused: not sure.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Check out this link.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mahidra Duro Ex Show Room Price is 39,799/-. So i think on road price would fit into your budget.....
    If you negocite with Mahindra you would surely get some discount or some accessories free....
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The Air filter design should have been improved and a replacement part sold at discount. So the Let's may not be having the issue I guess. Anways, looks like santhulp is staying within budget making most of the options NA.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Honda Activa should not be serviced from Honda A.S.S. once the free services are over. One important thing is that unlike a car, a 2 wheeler should be able to run 365 days. Our TFI member Prakhar owns a TVS Wego and for a small issue it was grounded for 3 weeks or more. He loves his wego though and is satisfied otherwise.

Our cousin owns a Suzuki Access 125. In 2 years its engine sound changed and started causing issues. I have observed the same in many other Access on roads. Access is no doubt better than Activa is almost all aspects but the engine is something I still doubt.
    1 person likes this.