1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me to find scooter under 45000Rs

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by santhukp, Jun 25, 2014.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

I am looking for a scooter for my wife's office commute.Suggest me a scooter which is reliable, easy to ride in city,mileage and should be able to carry two person. Budget strictly under 45000,
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    To be honest- Best scooter for ladies is still Honda Activa. But for that you will have to take your budget to around 50,000.
    There are many options other than Activa. There are better looking scooters and then there are bigger engined scooters (125cc) as well. But I would like to go with the herd here and recommend the Activa. Only negative I found in the Activa is that it has a cold start problem especially in North Indian summers. This is something I have observed in most Honda 2 wheelers.

For strictly under 45,000 you can look at the following:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Try Yamaha Alpha also, the price is not less than 45000/- but you could get it at about 50k or less with bargaining.

The best feature of this is that underseat storage is big. One can even store a full helmet in it. Something that's very useful, rather than carrying around helmet everywhere.
    1 person likes this.
  4. hi Santhukp! check out the new suzuki lets just do a TD and then decide.price 52k onroad (nearly). con: inner storage space.
    1 person likes this.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The better option is Mahindra 2 wheelers.

Flyte is the best option in Mahindra.
    Generally ladies carry grocery & other accessories. So its 20 Ltr under seat compartment is best

2nd option is Mahindra Duro. Duro has more 22 ltrs under seat storage.
    Duro is the only scooter on which you can carry LPG cylinder.
    I know to carry LPG cylinder is crime as per M V Act. But gave example to clear its great space

3rd one is new Mahindra Rodeo.

All 3 models are powered by same SYM engine . (Sang-Yang Motors Taiwan)
    which is best for fuel efficiency & drivability.

In Mahindra 2 wheelers you have to twist less throttle due to its samrt gear ratio.
    125 c.c. engine has sufficient peppyness.

125 c.c. Suzuki Access is over-peppy. IMHO power delivery of Access is not suitable for lady rider.

These Honda,Suzuki are noisy. They create vibrations. Spares are costly.
    Due to large turn-over dealers have not value for customer satisfaction.

& lastly most important positive point especially for ladies is weight-distribution.

Weight distribution is in such a way that ladies can easily handle Mahindra non-geared scootrette.

Ride & handling is also best in all 2 wheelers models.
    5 people like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Looks from the suggestions here relaxing budget by a few thousand rupees is something you might want to do unless Mahindra Rodeo as suggested by bhai and paddleshifter fits the bill perfectly.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Activa 110 has age old suspension and is overpriced scooter, Honda is looting Indians by providing such features and pricing premium.

The best scooter you can buy today is TVS Wego.

1) All Metal Body
    2) 12" Alloy wheels (No other scooter offers 12" alloys front and rear)
    3) Digital Speedometer Console
    4) Easy Center stand and convinient fuel refilling.
    5) Best Handling thanks to Body Balance Technology
    6) Economy and Power mode.

But please note it is priced around Rs. 55,000 on road and if you are looking for a scooter under Rs. 45,000 then TVS Scooty makes sene to me. No more Honda scooters please.
    3 people like this.
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Thanks all for your suggestions.Now i am interested towards Mahindra but seeing lots of bad reviews in zigwheels ?
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Are you referring to the OTR cost? If so most of the scooters available in market right now will be beyond your budget except for the electric scooters if you are interested. But these wouldnt be correct choice for daily office commute.

One scooter that comes to mind is Hero Pleasure, Its a light weight bike which suits the ladies. FE is also decent. The only con is the front suspensions arent telescopic. The scooter sells around for 47K.
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Honestly, you can't get a good new scooter for under Rs. 45000. You may have to stretch your budget.

We own both Honda Activa and Honda Aviator in our family. My recommendation - Just keep out of Honda. Just like cars, the two wheelers also seemed to be over hyped without any much benefits and the service is pathetic to the core.

My recommendation would be - Suzuki Access or TVS Wego.
    1 person likes this.