1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me to decide between Punto 1.2 petrol and Swift lxi

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aarav Thakur, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I really don't believe that Swift 1.2 will give 13-15 kmpl in city conditions.

Some crazy people even compare the FE of my Linea MJD with that of a Swift :). When I tell that I get around 14-16 kmpl in Chennai city roads, they counter that Swift Diesel gives 18 kmpl in Chennai city. Once I got to ride in the Swift who made that claim, I realized that he rarely switch on the AC. The windows are down most of the time. The reason given by him, it gives more mileage. The figure whatever I told is with 100% ACC with temperature set at 23 during day and 24 during night.

End of the day, the mileage will entirely depend on Driving style, City road condition, quality of the fuel, etc., Even if I get FE of 1/2 km less than the Swift, I wouldn't mind much as the safety, ride quality, steering feedback isn't compromised in the Punto. As I told earlier, Punto 1.2 will behave great in the hills due to its low end torque.

Punto 1.2 owners (soundar, puntom), where are you? We need your comment on the FE.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ramesh, give your car to that folks and let him drive your car with same scenario he drove in swift; He willn't able to belive himself and sell his swift to buy Linea/Punto for mileage.

I can get easily 19-20 in city with his scenario and I have tested the same. My Car mileage didn't fluctuated ever in 2 years.
    city:- without AC:- 19-20; with AC:- 16.5-17.5.
    Highway:- 50% AC I got 28.5 for 40KM Drive. When I was driving AC off, After AC it settled down to 26.5 ( Velocity 70-80-90 KMPH).

I am very much pleased in Higway for 20+ figure. I have tested in Various Velocity to check Mileage for test. Except above all are with AC.

80-90 KMPH:- 23-24 Easily ( Highest I got 26.5 earlier and after above scenario I confirmed My Car's mileage are consistent).
    90-100 KMPH- 22-23
    110-110:- 20-22
    110-120:- 19.5 to 21. ( I checked the same on Hyderabad to Hampi and recent south india meet tour Ananthapur>ooty>Hyderabad 1381 Km).
    120-130:- 18-19
    130-140:- 16-17
    140-150:- 15-16.
    150-160:- 14-15.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Well, on one hand your running will be extremely low. But on the other you're willing to sacrifice a better car for a difference of say for e.g. 2kmpl. That in itself is a contradiction.

In the end the choice is yours. All the very best from our side.

4. Not a contradiction

Its not "contradiction". I was considering number of factors, with an extra amount of 40k I am getting better safety + some features only. But, on the other hand I will face low resale value + little less power and I thought that mileage will cover up these factors but now mileage is also lower than swift.

So, after considering all the factors and looking at the base variant of punto diesel in a nearby showroom today I have decided to wait and go for punto diesel. Reason are below -

1. I was spending 5 lakh for petrol base model of punto with above negative factors. Diesel base is just 50k extra. Swift diesel variant is 1 lakh extra.
    2. Punto's 1.3 diesel has more power than swift ldi.
    3. It will give me better mileage than its petrol variant.
    4. Punto 1.3 variant is at the same price of swift ldi but still giving extra features (stereo, power windows, door locks and top of that safety which is far better than swift)
    5. It will give me better resale value because its a diesel variant.

I was in a confusion because I didn't checked the price of diesel base variant. Both the diesel cars are on same price with better power and features in Punto, all I need to do is stretching my budget a bit. :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Aarav great decision. Grab the absolute edition which is complete value for money prod
    uct from FIAT.

Punto diesel is perfect car for your requirements. Which color you are looking for?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That is an even better decision. :)

If you can make it to the Chandigarh TFI meet on 29/9, have a look, feel and reviews of the FIATs firsthand.

3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Nevertheless, glad you decided on a Punto. Welcome to the FIAT family.

1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  9. sungoa2010

Very good decision. You will not repent for it.
  10. Thanks Kedar, I am looking for Blue or Black. I am not sure if Fiat is providing metallic colors but if they do then I will opt between blue and black. I still doubt that blue is available because I rarely spot a blue punto these days.