1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me to buy Punto MJ Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nitinjd, Feb 5, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Nitin

Forget about noise,vibration for new generation Multijet Engine. Multijet has deposited concept of NVH in History.

Iam using Multijet for 37000 KM. In 37000 KM I never noticed NVH in Multijet except there is bad fuel.
  2. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets see, the showroom which gives me best deal, i will opt for.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Any updates?
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    So any news nitin, we are waiting to hear from you.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Nitin

I used to own Maruti Alto Lxi (2008 - 2010). The maintenance including EMI (lesser than Punto MJD), fuel cost (more than Punto MJD)and maintenance cost (every 10000km where in Punto its 15000kms) is almost the same as owning a Punto. I thought I might have to spend a bit extra for owning a Punto, which I was ready for the extra 500 CC I was getting. But believe me, after the first servicing and 3850kms the reading already shows an average of 16.7 kms/ltr. The driving style is the same and probably more aggressive than the Alto. The same driving style in Alto used to give me an FE of 14-15 kms/ltr. Now when I make a small calculation, I see in near future I would be spending much lesser than what I would have spent if I kept my Alto with me. (Also considering the fact that the petrol costs will increase much faster and higher than the diesel).

I have taken test drives for the vehicles I had under consideration. Nothing comes even closer to the Grande Punto. The more you drive it the more it drives you crazy.

Now you have the facts, decide yourself. I bet you won't regret owning it, cause no other Punter did.
  6. Hello Kiran,

Very good car, driving is good,but Punto diesel also 14 or 15 Kms/ltr on highway ride, please check once from your side..
  7. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Hello Ravi, I was getting around 14-15 kms/ltr from day 1.
    I normally check tankfull to tankfull cause I am not 100% confident about the calculation shown in the panel.
    But the 16.7 kms/ltr has been shown on the instrument ( which normally used to be around 15kms/ltr )and I am yet to check with my own claculation after the next top up.
    14-15 kms/ltr is for sure under heavy traffic conditions, in city with AC on few times (Not regularly cause its still cool in hyderabad)
    I had been to a long trip only once (15 days after buying the car) covering 600kms but unfortunately I didnot check the mileage cause I was so excited about the drive and the way my car performed in terms of comfort, ride quality and power.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    One thing i can assure you Kiran, the more you drive punto, the more you will be addicted to it,
    The Fe you are getting is good buddy and dont you feel like driving the saloon car??
  9. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Actually FE is not an issue for me at all. 14 was the best I was expecting when I planned to go for GP, so am getting more than I asked for and will probably increase with more run-in. I like to drive aggressively. Believe me or not but I donot like empty roads. I always like to travel in moderate traffic. Zooming by all the other cars and thats where I think we can test the real handling. I have touched 140kmph couple of times in city roads, ofcourse when they were empty. My wife who used to almost scream when I went above 100 kmph in Alto doesn't even realise the speed even at 120 kmph. She even tells her friends about the same when they ask about our GP.

@ Tony : I haven't driven much cars earlier. I have only about 2.5 yrs of driving experience and that too in my Alto. I got a chance of driving few other cars too, but not for very long. The 3rd most driven car by me is a Chevy Spark. I had an oppurtunity to drive a Swift VDI on a long trip, but I hardly remember anything great about it. It never excited me. So no idea about how it feels to drive a Saloon. One day I might though.
  10. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you guys! This discussion really help a lot.

Great news to share with you all that i finally bought Grand Punto Multi-Jet Emotion Pack. color is white.

I drove 70 KM in city went to temple "BAPS Swaminarayan" for pooja , really great driving experiance i really enjoyed a lot.

Soon i will share more details & pic.

Thanks you guys.

[attachment=0:frkbgx1f]Copy of 2011-02-23 18.10.31.jpg[/attachment:frkbgx1f]

Copy of 2011-02-23 18.10.31.jpg