1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me to buy a punto...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Nagabhushanana, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Nagabhushanana

Nagabhushanana Timido

Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi All,

I'm considering buying a car (My first car) and fiat punto evo (1.3 diesel) is topping the short list of cars, however few things are confusing my decision.
    1. Is it under powered car ? I'm hearing there is a significant lag in 2nd gear and especially in ghats and steep roads car will crawl and will have to bring it to 1st gear to keep it moving and the same might be painful in city driving.
    2. For normal driving which one is the best 76 bhp or 90 bhp ?
    2. Though it's well proven engine I wish to know what's the real time mileage.

Sorry if you find it offensive I didn't mean any though... after all fiat is still topping the list anyway :) ;)
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi
    1. It is not underpowered and i havent felt that much lag on 2nd gear. The car will never crawl if it is in right gear and speed. You will get used to it.
    2. you can go with 76 HP
    3. I have got mileage right from 14.5 kmpl to 27kmpl on highway.......On highways it easily gives above 20 kmpl if you drive below 100kmph. In city you can expect anything from 13.5 to 18kmpl and more
    Nagabhushanana likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Glad to know fiat is topping your list. I am too in the process of buying a Punto.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.