1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Me Improve My Car's Heart (DIESEL POWER)

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by moksh, Mar 20, 2013.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I Have Fiat Linea 1.3 Mjd
    My Service Is Close by I need to Upgrade The Parts Which Are Put By The Company Such As Diesel Filter ,Oil Filter ,Air Filter ,Engine Oil Etc (people Can Recomend Me If something is better than what i have choose)
    1)Engine Oil Upgrade to Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 Full Synthetic
    2)Race Chip Ultimate Which Takes My Car to 125Ps 288Nm :redcar :dance

3) Oil Filter K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter( I Am Not Sure Whether We Get This in India or no)

What else we Replace in Services
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Got New Info That Shell Helix Ultra Is used for petrol engines and for diesel its ultra extra 5w30
    so want to ask is it ok if i use 5w30 instead of 5w 40
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If you want to change engine oil switch to Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40. Shell Helix Ultra is a very good engine oil for petrols but not for diesels. Shell Helix have same specification (API CF & B4) as that of Selenia WR.

Instead of a Chip go for full fledged ECU Remap.

K&N doesn't make oil filters for Fiat Linea and Punto. Anyway OEM filters are the best you can get (UFI Filter) If you want you can change air filter to K&N Stock replacement.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

After Market Oil Filters will not give you any benefits.
    And i would take those Race Chip figures of 125PS with a Pinch of salt.
    thats a gain of almost 35Ps over stock ratings.
    And yes as suggested by Vijay,go for Delvac1
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    A humble advice , don't go by chips that claim to give you 1000HP and 10,000 torques and so on.
    In real world they dont matter at all and especially in a country like India you couldn't care less.

Instead if i were you ,I would approach it this way.
    1.) Drive the car in all conditions, B2B traffic, highway, ghats, sedate city driving and everything else I"ve missed out.
    2.) Make notes as to how your car responds with/without AC and see where you would feel you needed more power or more aggression or whatever.
    3.) Contact a good ECU tuner (my suggestion would be M.R Siddhart from Tune-o-tronics)
    4.) Get a full ECU remap as that's the "ONLY" way you can breath more life into your italian soul.

Dont go around by numbers, driving is about feeling good to drive not boasting of huge numbers that will never be reached.

NOTE :: ECU remaps wont bust your engine and if done by a skilled fellow it wont even show up under any scanners as being modded (That's why i suggest Siddhart).
    a remap is a wholesome approach than a simple chip tune.

Point 2 ::
    Sporty air filters are a whole new story in itself (This forum already has a huge discussion on it)
    But to sum it all up , IMO i dont believe in aftermarket air filters one bit as they logically seem to cause more harm than good.
    3 people like this.
  6. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    What Abt Shell Helix Ultra Extra This for Diesel Engines but the viscosity is 5w 30 rather than company uses 5w 40 , shall i use it or completely a Big NO
    as i saw shell is the best in synthetic oil what is the next best oil
    I Would Read the thread Ecu Remaps and respond later
  7. Stick to manufacturer specified grade, Delvac -1 suits Linea better in-terms of grade and quality.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The so called aftermarket air filters are more than 10 times costlier than the OEM one's don't know whether it really does any good to the performance of the engine than damage.
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    A certain person once told me this.
    Even if one presumes and accepts that aftermarket air filters increase power by 5-8BHP, its hardly noticable simply because its such a small gain that human perception cannot catch this change.

So why pay so much for something that you cannot even feel?? ;-)
    1 person likes this.