1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me! Head Unit swap for Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by hashjagz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. hashjagz

hashjagz Timido

Yes, I believe that I might be going mostly on 2RCA, if budget permits then 3.
    That's a good technical explanation on Comps power consumption. Thank you so much! Real appreciation from me.! :clapping
    Can you post your pics if you modded ur ICE? :D

You really admire me as always.. Kudos to you! :wow

I feel I'm very lagged on the speaker performance, Anyways I will definitely consider your option. First let me try the HU swap alone if my budget is still lower. Since I feel the speakers are below average performing in mine :) I wanted to change. I initially thought even if AUX can be added I wanted to retain the stock HU, since modifying it will definitely lose the looks. What to do, since no hope for Aux in Delphi one :( :(

I see in Snapdeal currently they can do the stereo installation, and I see this one JBL GTO 509c and I would like to give your view on this? I see the package includes 2ch Amps with tweeter, can this be fitted to the 2RCA system?

I'm saving some money for the music system upgrade pretty soon.

Both & All,

Although I'm posting in the wrong section. This is also my query, I'm asking now.!
    Initially I'm taking the first step on Sunfilm & 3M wax treatment. What do you say on this guys? Since I live in Chennai, the heat is high as always in Summer. I badly need to have the Sun film too.. Have you guys had any exp on it? 3M also has the Sunfilm how the performance would be? :)
    2 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I have never done the wax treatment from 3M so would avoid commenting on it. Sun films are banned and the traffic police in Chandigarh is highly aggressive in catching the sun films. Whats the scenario in Chennai?

Okay. I was under the impression that you need AUX/USB since I had read your old posts. Yes, then you may go ahead with the speaker change as well. But keep one thing in mind. Only buy 6.5" sized speakers and not lower. JBL GTO 509c are 5" speakers. Bigger the size of the speaker, better bass it will generate.

For front doors, buy 6.5" component speakers like JBL GTO 609c or Hertz DSK or Rockford Fosgate Prime.
    For rear doors, you can either move the front factory fitted speakers to the rear doors which is a VFM suggestion since front 6.5" factory fitted speakers will do the duty well in rear doors. Or else buy any 6.5" coaxial speakers.

Please note that the speakers you mentioned above do not come with an amplifier. Those are the crossover units present in all component speakers.

Regarding amplifier, it is better that you buy a 4 channel amplifier and not a 2 channel amplifier in case you are planning to go for an external amplifier. Asimpleson has recommended a 2 channel amplifier above. Thats a great suggestion if you consider a space saving active subwoofer in 8" size later but still a 4 channel amplifier wont hurt your pocket much over a 2 channel amplifier and it is not very likely that you will go for an active sub woofer in future since it is not preferred by many owing to the 8" size over the regular subwoofers of 12" size or bigger.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    The speakers are in panels and I may or may not have clicked pics while installation.
    Anyways, Blaupunkt CX170 are already posted while installation on forum. The pics are in links..

This Pioneer amp was an old one but a robust amp nonetheless, this is how the amp looks. (credit to original image owners)
    pio1.jpg pio2.jpg

If you may want to study amp and features here is the shorter version english-only manual attached.
    View attachment Pioneed Amplifier GM-X354_manual_EN.pdf

Giving further info on Active Subs since no harm in keeping things on list, you never know you may end up buying all the nice things someday. :)
    I too am of the same opinion as Paddleshifter that subwoofers are larger the better.
    However, our member winimation has been pretty satisfied from his initial update about the 8" active subwoofer. I suppose it's not too bad compromise after all given that space and cost of upgrade is a concern. Except the cost for of 10" active sub could be Rs.15k-17k or upwards.
    For the sake of information the thread is there in ICE section. Just in case here is the link to discussion..
    1 person likes this.
  4. Abh1nav

Abh1nav Timido

New Delhi
    I just upgraded the speakers on my 3 week old Punto Active 1.3 MJD and got Rockford Fosgate Prime 1675-S Components in the front and Rockford Fosgate Prime 1675 co-axials in the rear. The total set up costed me around 10K, with 5.5K for components and 3.5K for co-axials. Remaining 1K for water guards / spacer rings / couplers and installation.

You can consider these speakers if you with to upgrade!

I can tell you that there is a drastic improvement in sound quality, even with the stock HU. Could have upgraded the HU as well, but decided against it as I didn't want to spoil the looks of my new car, also, avoid any warranty issues just in case.
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    The steering mounted audio controls looks good.
    My only fear is as described in you post is the look of the HU, does Pioneer have any HU would the chrome plated volume control knobs or any chrome plating decorations?
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is how my ice set up looks
    BT works like charm. Phone symbol signifies it's in sync with my phone. I can play music, receive calls, reject calls, can dial from recent call list from HU itself.
    The MIC

A audio clip for the Sound quality will post soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Hash,

I have captured my ICE set up and put it here.
    Check it if it can help you in some ways,

Cheers !!