1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me decide between Punto Evo, Polo and Jazz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Shrijit, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Shrijit! Welcome to the forum.
    Well as you have read a lot suggestions, I will try to keep mine as simple as possible.
    First,let's finalise the fuel option. In my opinion go for diesel,1200per month will easily go up to 1500, once you buy a car and especially if its a Fiat.There will be lot more weekend getaways you will undertake.
    Regarding the model if you can get old Punto 90 bhp for the price you mentioned it seems to be a good deal,however you can still bargain for it.
    With excise duty cut withdrawn and no more discounts at least till March, its difficult to predict the right price to buy.
    Probably if sales is very bad for next two months, you may even get an offer for Aavy, if you wait till March.
    Shrijit likes this.
  2. Shrijit

Shrijit Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Is Fiat going to launch Abarth Punto/Avventura in Q3 ? There are lots of news articles on the same. Its exciting to note that 1.4 Tjet will come in it and will be priced below 10L. But I am not sure if I should wait till then. I don't want to lose the driving touch (My driving classes will end this week). Is this news kind of confirmed ?
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Shrijit If you are thinking for abarth, then please do not consider the mileage figures. :)
    Shrijit likes this.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    @Shrijit ,

I, being a Yamaha Fazer rider as well, can assure that Fiat will not disappoint you :) The confidence that Fazer gives in terms of handling,ride quality,stability will be evenly matched (including the initial lag) with Fiat ONLY.

To give a word on service cost of Polo ,my cousin who owns Polo 1.2 diesel has run around 8k km but covered the 10k service with cost Rs.11000o_O:eek: whereas our Linea at 15k km cost exaclty Rs.6000 and now around 23k km.

Given a choice ,I would go for Punto 90 MJD since we as Fiat fans would want more power within some months given the handling,build,tyres & suspension ,fiat cars possess!!! Also,you would defineltly need a diesel given the travel between KA & KL and much more travel in the future.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2015 ---
    Shrijit ,there is nothing like "confirmed news" in Fiat arena , a bitter thing about the beloved FIAT.Please be ready to get disappointed now & then on this particular thing once you become a Fiat owner :banghead:
    ramjn, prabhjot and Shrijit like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Shrijit

Yes it is confirmed that an Abarth Punto will come this year. No confirmation on the Abarth Avventura, though some credible rumours, if that is not an oxymoronic expression, strongly suggest a t-jet in the Avventura, not necessarily as an Abarth, but what state-of-tune? what price? and when? remain imponderables.

I wouldn't wait if I were you, IF, that is, you're happy with the performance of one of the existing petrols or diesels, which you should be I suspect esp given that this is your first car.
    Shrijit likes this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    FIAT have not officially confirmed T-jet in punto or Avvy, all are rumors, they even not kept their promise made for Linea 1.6 MJD.
    I am not expecting anything other than a 1.2 FIRE Avventura emotion with 68PS or less and ARAI figure of 13-14 kmpl.
    or they can even discontinue 1.4 from Avvy and replace it with 1.2 FIRE. (or even something trashed in Italy that not even MPFI) who knows ??
    Shrijit likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure if Abarth Punto is going to be launched and even if so, I highly doubt if they will manufacture Abarth in India. It may come as CBU and will cost a bomb.

We (TFI members) have spotted Evo T-Jet in Chennai and it is quite possible that Fiat may be launching T-Jet in Evo and Avventura.
    See this thread - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-is-testing-evo-t-jet-launching-soon.13495/

Well, I would certainly not call the T-Jet in Evo/Avventura news as rumors. I personally know the person who witnessed the Evo T-Jet at a dealer in Chennai. Fiat is indeed testing it but Fiat has not officially confirmed about the launch.

Fiat promised Linea 1.6 MJD? When did they make this promise? They never talked anything about 1.6 MJD.

Let us help Shrijit to find a suitable car to his needs rather than creating another Fiat blaming thread. :)
    bharath, prabhjot, Shrijit and 2 others like this.
  8. Shrijit

Shrijit Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you all for more detail. Nice to see the advice from another Fazer owner (@bharath )here :). I called KHT Fiat caffe, Whitefield showroom today and the Sales rep said that the prices of 2015 models are yet to be decided and perhaps will be finalised in a day or two. He was expecting a 3% hike in the prices :(. There is a 2014 MJD Dynamic (Tuscan Wine) available it seems. I was planning between Emotion and 90 HP (Gold or Red). Looks like 2015 90HP will cost approx 9.3L OTR in Bangalore :(
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  9. Shrijit

Shrijit Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Just an update. I will TD (with my friend's help) Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion, Avventura MJD (Dynamic), 90HP and Polo 1.5 Comfortline this week and decide on one. Will update the thread once I decide.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi Shrijit! Welcome to TFI!
    I would recommend to check for the following conditions while performing a TD
    1) Drive the vehicle in the condition where it will be used most after purchase ( Highway/City )
    2) Interior, Comfort and Features expected vs available
    3) Do you want to buy a car for short period or long period
    4) Does the car make you comfortable while driving
    5) Engine noise
    6) Pick up
    7) How sturdy the vehicle is and does it make you feel safe in the first go
    8) Does the seating give you a comfortable feeling when you have driven the car for a km or so?
    Shrijit likes this.