1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me counter a figoian

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sundar1900, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omzworld

omzworld

Driving extended distance in any car in Inda at >130kmph is not feasible.
    Speed is one of the criteria of driving pleasure.
    In highways I have only found Fiats(Palio & Punto), Rapid, Octavia able to maintain speeds >120 for kms together along with Punto, but my highway experience is <4000Kms So this might be exaggeration.
    In highways I rather cruise at 100-120 without effort, speed up to 140 for short distances. But I have realized tires of 2011 Emotion are not good at this speed.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats right , I have never waited long and was always attended within 10-15mins of my arrival.
    Also I am always allowed to stay in the workshop looking at what they do to my car. They never say anything (I have a good relationship with them ;) )
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Can anyone compare Skoda Fabia Top end diesel with punto emotion?
  4. dijkstra

dijkstra

Bangalore
    Ford Fiesta 2011 model sold just 77 units this month (Feb 2012). I would like to know your figoian friend's opinion on this :)
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  5. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Nice to hear this :)
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Top speed of 180+ sounds too optimistic. Anybody here who has managed this?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Hi Sundar,

When I started my hunt for a good looking, frugal diesel hatch with a pliant ride and mature handling; I did consider the Figo as I was told, by a friend of mine, that Fords also have an excellent ride and handling. Took the test drive, ride and handling was good, if not better than the GP, but I never liked the interiors. I got a claustrophobic kinda feeling, the Cheery colored dash is not for me! As far as exterior styling goes, I reckon there is no competition here, the GP which is the best looking hatch in the country will win hands down. One more thing that impressed me was the tank like build that is trademark of all Fiats.
    Take a look at this - Fiat Punto Accident: B-pillar damage - Team-BHP
    Even after a high speed accident involving a SUV this GP has suffered only a B-pillar damage and all the occupants were safe. Can't imagine what would have happened if it had been one of those Japanese or Korean cars with a tin like build quality!

After 1 year and 3 months I can say that I made the right decision. I am very satisfied with my car. The only thing where I find my car wanting is the rear legroom. It is not bad but at times when tall people are at the rear I thought it is tight on legroom. It is not a problem with my family though as everyone is of medium height :)
    I expected the 2012 models to have a better legroom, may be something that will be addressed in future I think.

As many others have said, follow your heart and go for th GP. I am sure that a few years down the line you will be a proud owner of a beautiful, mini Maserati :)

Cheers,
    Girish
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Pls maintain some respect Bro:(!
    We neither smoke pots nor we are stoned while typing those words.
    We are also not any ran-away cases from mental hospital who signed up on TFI as soon as we caught our breath.
    We don't post snapshots for high speeds here. That's just a feature of 90 HP/75 HP Punto's which has been clarified to a potential buyer. That's it.
  8. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I am certainly not a speed monger, however I wish my car is capable of beating every other hands down.So dont worry guys I was just asking about car's capability and I will drive in safe speed well below its limit. Regarding rear seat leg room, can any one rank indica, figo, Swift, fabia, Polo and Punto??? Just for a comparison....
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Now Sundar, It's a set back here. Frankly Punto's rear bench have very limited leg room if 6' people is at rear bench.
    For an avg. built guy, it's just OK. TATA cars are a different league when it comes to room/space. Swift have more leg room than Punto/Polo/Fabia. Polo/Punto/Fabia provide more or less same cramped/limited rear space & depends on one how he ranks them.
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Little disappointing brother. However I felt Punto's rear seats are more elevated tha Figo's, so i thought it even out the less legroom. I somehow feel like sitting in a ditch in figo. I mentioned about Indica coz I know it is the benchmark in this category.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.