1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me counter a figoian

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sundar1900, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdranjith

pdranjith

Chennai
    Dude! don't bother about the rest of the world, go with what you like best. I recently bought a Linea MJD E, had a harrowing experience with Sales, had a nasty experience of service post my car stalling two weeks on the road. But, it ain't all rosy out there with others either, and I can still go ahead and say that FIAT has some really really good cars around but sadly with pea brain sized sales and service advisers(IMO).

Even recently convinced a good friend who was waiting for his SWIFT to check out the 2012 Punto, and he post a TD was hooked on to it and went ahead and booked one too, but sadly is now starting to think otherwise as his SA has been going back on the delivery dates for like the n'th time in three weeks, is not picking up his calls now either and has left him wondering what is wrong with that guy.

I am hopeful that things will improve, but guess FIAT has been taking its own sweet time, so know what you are getting into, or you might repent later.

Few things that come to my mind when I think of the FIGO Titanium

1. Looks archaic
    2. Shorter in Height, Length and Width
    3. Shorter Ground Clearance *
    4. No Rear Power Windows *
    5. Not so great MID
    6. No Rear Seat Metal Back
    7. No Automatic Climate Control *
    8. No Foldable Key
    9. No Steering mounted controls
    10. No Rear Adjustable Headrest *

IMHO, I would anytime recommend the Punto over a FIGO.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me add to the above list: :D
    11. No Blue&Me voice commands, SMS Reader etc etc.
    12. No 195mm tyres
    13. No Alloys
    14. No MyCar settings
    15. No Self diagnostics and advanced warning systems like those of Punto, Audis, BMWs. :D
    16. No handbrake engaged audible warning system. It wont scream an audible warning if handbrake is engaged like Punto.
    17. No engine guard. You can see my shoe in the pic below.
    18. I am tired but the list can go on.

Photo-0514.jpg

Photo-0528.jpg
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    If even after the harrowing experience with ASS, people flock to buy fiat cars then there must be something more than the car. When comparing the service part alone will Fiat ASS be better than Skoda, VW and Nissan/Renault? BTW is it true that Figo may hit the speedbraker if packed with 3 passengers in the rear? Can you throw some light on Punto's rear legroom compared to much hyped spacious rear of Figo?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Yashik, WOW I could see your shoe and feel how horribly the engine is kept open to the vagaries of the road in Figo!!!! Thanks for posting this figure...It speaks for all. Thanks Ranjit for your points they all make me scoff at my figoian collegue
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sundar, thing is that Figo is also a good car but for the price. It's irritating how people compare Figo with Punto. Both are different cars altogether.

With FIAT Punto, you get driving comfort of 1-2 segments above along with many added features. Just see the speedo console of Punto that I have shown above. The info display is much bigger with much more info as compared to Figo.

That said, I would also advise that do not buy Punto JUST because of the cult and fan following of FIAT. Hope you understand. Buy what looks good to you. We can just guide you just like your Figo fan friend. :)
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Are Skoda Fabia, i20 and VW Polo also in the same league as Punto or Punto is still better than these cars?
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i20, Polo, Fabia, Jazz and Punto belong to the same category.

I would rate Punto higher than all these cars.

Fabia and Polo don't offer any comfort features whatsoever though they offer good ride quality. Moreover they offer 1.2liter 3-cylinder engines.

i20 has a good feature list, has a normal 4-cylinder engine unlike Polo/Fabia, almost close to Punto, cabin looks good too but the ride quality and build isn't just close to the standards set by FIAT and other European cars. Also to note is the fact that i20 has greater turbo lag as compared to Punto.
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I used to sit in figo back seat sometimes and feel I am sitting on floor. Being 5"11, I hope punto rear seat height is better than figo though i will be in driver's seat.
  8. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Dude , think before spending your hard earned money on outdated Fiesta hatch in Europe.I really hate these dirty tactics by ford by treating India as their dumping yard ,when other manufacturers are bringing their latest tech here.
    Let me share a incident here, One of my friend completed his higher studies in US and worked there for 4 years and now he is back to India.He was asking my view in buying a car and right now cos of his budget constraints,he wanted a diesel with in 6 lakhs. I just made fun that you should buy a Figo. A reply from him was like "I am never going invest my money on a f*****g American brand that too Ford".According to him even Americans don't prefer Ford and the moment a ford leaves showroom its value drops around 50% it seems:-o:-o. And we generous Indians welcome Ford's TDCI tech with big hands, Can't help the herd mentality though!!
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  9. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Just wondering why figo sells more and seen everywhere in india
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

When we say Punto is best, it involves all the cars selling in India. Here you are among thousands of FIAT enthusiasts cum owner's who can swear by their cars. It's a matter of trusting yourself & us. If you expect someone here to comment that xyz is vehicle is better than FIAT, no chance in hell..!!
    Yep, one can suggest an alternative but "better" term is something else. Sub 10 Lakh category of hatch backs/sedans in India, FIAT's are the best. Let me frame it to help you prepare your mind.

When Palio stile had such a poor performance till 2008, people were betting their lives that FIAT can-not sell in India. I remember a few friends of mine face2face claiming it. It's understandable because it's not Rs. 1 candy for a granted 2nd chance. But how still one can see a lot of FIAT's around as a pretty usual site.

My view is, it's impossible for an automaker to ever bounce back in a market, where it's reputation is spoiled. It's due to the nature of cost/importance of products & especially in India where car is one time investment for majority. If Linea/Punto's are selling even in such tidal conditions for FIAT, doesn't it say something about their potential? In India at least, if Maruti had Punto/Linea in their arsenals, they would easily choke VW/Skoda/Ford/GM to death, eat a lot of Hyundai/Honda share & would monopolize like 1990's.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.