1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help me counter a figoian

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sundar1900, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    75HP can definitely make you:p. Whatever you choose between the two you will never repent.
  2. have to live with 75 hp? man, you sound as if 75 hp is damn weak. the extra 15 hp will not be even noticed if you drive in usual conditions..
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai

This sounds great. Although I know that I would hardly utilize whatever comes extra, I, being a new driver, feel like a child that will not satisfy for a ton of chocolates though it can never eat that much
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you have budget, go for 90HP. If you feel like stretching too much, go ahead with the 76HP. It will be adequate for normal driving conditions. It still has the capability to smoke out most of other Diesel Hatches.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Agree with Rahul here. Only 90HP owner can feel the difference between 75HP/90HP. If some 75 HP owner will test drive a 90 HP, there is hardly anything noticed till 100 kmph. After 100 kmph it's a different story altogether.

0-100 timings differ by 1.14 secs which is hardly faster.
    But 100-120 timings differ by whopping 3.4 secs:mrgreen:. So imagine the shove one gets between 100kmph-120kmph. That's why i say 90 HP high end grunt is just mind bending!;) & pick up is felt even@150. Don't ask me the difference as we go further up same is not published but you be rest assured that it will get wider & wider. These figures have been taken from Autocar India magazine. Now, i hardly refer a magazine for FIAT's inputs at least but since they are comparing 2 FIAT models only, let's give them benefit of doubt on these stats.

You have already clarified that you are not a speed monger, it hardly makes any real time scenario of fast vs faster as 99.5% of driving will be done@/lesser than 100kmph.
  6. hey, if it is as per ENKI's words, if it's just a few seconds, and if you aint a speed guy, the 75 hp is perfect. we can live without a few seconds in a day.
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Experts sorry for one last query on this topic...I will put the issue to rest once I am clarified. My friends have Figo Diesel, Beat Diesel and Fabia and let us assume swift for comparison. If I were to race with my 76 HP Punto against all of them on a highway to cover a distance of, say, 25 KM, assuming all drivers are equal, and no other traffic on the 4 lane highway, who will be the winner??? ( Winner is decided by who reaches the destination first, and NOT one who reaches 0-100 KMPH in least seconds)
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think i have made it clear if one is spending 40000/- extra for 90HP, why he should?
    It's not 0-100 blisters but for maniac & insane highway cruisers that 90 HP is all about:devil.
    In city, 90hp is absolutely wastage of rs 40000.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are not speed monger and still you want to find the winner of a race :).

If all the drivers are like me, and if I am driving Punto, I would probably reach the destination first followed by Fabia/Swift. There will be stiff competition between Figo and Beat as well as to who will reach last.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Ramjn, I wouldn't ever go for race but somehow my mind equates speed with power and ability to carry 5 passengers with boot full of luggage and climbing a hill... I remember in my childhood my uncle's diesel ambassador used to struggle as if one is gasping for life, on hills (don't imagine kodaikkanal or ooty, its a small hilltop temple near madurai) if the car is full. Also my friend used to say his swift slows down on highway to <120 KMPH if the AC was on with packed passengers. I dont know better technical word to explain the ability of the car to prevail in these conditions...you call it performance? Anyways this is what I equated with speed and eagerly asking all of you. Please note that if at all I can TD with my driving skills, I cannot definitely test the car under these conditions...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.