1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HELP !! in Buying a USED Linea Diesel.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by nombrepseudo, Sep 24, 2012.

1. nombrepseudo

Hi Guys,

Rookie here, :confused
    Need HELP, buying a used Linea diesel PLEASE.
    As in, what to check and what to get checked.

Would be very grateful to prompt and relevant advice/help.

Thanks in advance.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    How old? And What color?
    How much Km done on odometer?

Check the paint condition, underbody of the car to know the general condition, any abnormal rusting especially from areas where paint is chipped somewhere, tyres condition, battery age, engine noise at idle rpm and any abnormal sounding noise from the engine compartment??

Major things to check in a used car are the mechanical components and electrical system in general. How do the gears engage, clutch engagement and excessive hardness, vibrations, engine condition.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  3. nombrepseudo

Thanks a lot for the reply..
    FIAT LINEA EMOTION -2010 DIESEL BLACK CLR ONLY 12900 KMS DONE - Hyderabad - Cars - Chanda Nagar - mothly
    its 2010, black, odo shows 13000 kms (Skeptical & How do i verify that?)
    2nd owner selling

A lot of paint job is done, like around the lights, at bumper, in fact the whole roof is painted and is glaringly obvious that it is a cheap repaint ( matte ish finished + cracks ).
    A lot of scratches inside the car too ( dashboard and stuff ) Reason given was, they have 2 dogs and few children who play in the car. (hmmm.. they must have rented it out as a creche or a kennel )

Clutch is high, i mean i had to fold my knee to reach top of it. ( Owner says thats how it is )

The driver door sounds clunky when shut (Metal Sound), and doesn't have hinge resistance.

The dashboard has a huge panel gap between, owner says Fiat people opened it to fix something connecting the ECU to PC.

Tyre Condition is good, i felt that the ride also was good along with the suspension, idling rev etc,.

And, The boot key hole is damaged ( maybe, Forgot Key inside scenario ) The foldable key is full of scratches along with 2 headlights and a tail lamp and the roof and the dash and few other places. :p

I would like 2 know how much would it cost 2 replace the foldable key + 2 headlights +tail lamp and the roof job.

Also Please vaguely evaluate the car and let me know what its worth
    & would Fiat do a thorough Check Up, any facility of that kind??

Thanks in advance.
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I do not think its a good deal for that kind of wear and tear.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will say forget this car and enquire if 2011 Linea is available at your nearest dealer. It will good deal to buy 2011 Linea from dealer with huge discount.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Don't touch this car even with a 12 foot pole. You can easily find better ones.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    forget it and look for an other one..
  8. nombrepseudo

Thanks a lot FIAT Veterans

Can i please know a very vague estimate of fixing the door, Roof Paint Job , Fold able Key and the minor stuff i previously mentioned. And is the clutch high for all lineas?
    And a reasonable Quote...
    I am finding the deal interesting coz of the ODO reading, seems like the cars been less on the road than a kennel.

Would be very grateful to prompt and relevant advice/help.

Thanks in advance.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Sir ji, you might repair all these things, but why bother.

Just keep an eye on the market, good deals come by often.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    have you check the engine???
    As per the car's description, I'm 100% sure that the car is rashly driven.
    I will suggest you that not to go for this car.....