1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HELP: HUD lights semi-on

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by abhinit90, Aug 5, 2013.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I noticed this just today while I was driving. I'm bad at explaining so please bear with me.

The seat belt light stays on about 20% all the time, I've just seen it today. If I don't wear the seatbelt, the light is normal, if I wear it, ideally the bulb should not glow, but it glows about 10-20% i.e. it glows very dimly

Same happens with the yellow light that is just on the left of the airbag light, but it's even more faint.

What can I do? :|
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If i were facing this,my first step would have been to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for about 30 mins.
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I'll try doing that, thanks :)

What will it all reset?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How old is your battery.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Are you sure it was not this way earlier?

To give an example: Normally if there is a light source behind the dial and the dial has moved off its position, some light may be creeping in leading to the feeling that the other light is glowing. It may not be an issue at all - try to remember if it was always this way
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Well, even I thought of it initially but I cannot recall the light creeping in at anytime. It's distinctive when it's completely dark and it would have been visible to me before as I noticed the slight glow even when it was dusk outside. Maybe flooding of the car caused something to go mad (See my other thread) :)

But I'm not really sure, where is the connection/ fuse box, just below the passenger side seat? As that area was almost dripping with water :|

The car was manufactured in May 2011, so it has to be older than that :|