1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help for selection of colour for Punto MJD emotion pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Dr_Prashant, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

As rest of the guys had said, none of the colours would fade. The latest paint pigments are all rated 8 on the UV scale and that is the highest. With white , pls ensure that you use soft water / good water as it tends to yellow on constant washing with the wrong water./
    The other points to consider are , if you go for dark colours, then your car A/c cooling would take a longer time. A lighter colour would ensure faster cooling due to absorbtion of heat by darker colours.
    Just a few points. End of the day ,the colour of choice would be one that atttracts and is personal.

2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Avoid RED

Listen to me : go for electric blue !! You won't be disappointed !!
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Yeah Limited Edition.
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Exactly...It is limited edition.... :dance
    One more remaining in stock with BU Bhandari, Pune. :up
  5. Dr_Prashant

:wow Thank U all for ur opinions. this will be very helpful. :wow
    @Gmittal- the problem is i would want to wait till the sports variant is launched.I have heard that it will be launched by july-august. I am not only attracted by extra power, But it may also have sun/moon roof. :clapping
    Thank U :up
    Now more confusion.Dont know which colour to go for. :A
    But its great to get queries solved directly by customers who give best suggestions based on their experience rather than salesman trying to make sale.... :clapping
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    i read somewhere on team-bhp, that white and red colour has extra microns.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Prashant nice to hear that another BN White is joining the gang... Waaw... I love my white baby... Especially when Grandeur clicks her OMG she is stunning...
  8. Chakra

once have a look at new colours introduced Tuscan wine and Fox Trout Azzure both the colours are good whereas the later one is bit light and Tuscan wine is dark, but one thing is that one has to shell out 4k bucks more for these colours. I suggest u to decide the colour with u r family.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

One should also have in mind the availability of help to keep the car clean. If you dont have a person to clean your car everyday, then you should go for lighter shades. The fine dust that accumulates is not much visible on the light shades such as minimal grey and Fox trot Azure, whereas they get higlighted on the black,Tuscan wine and as for white it resists dust visibility a bit.

Also in darker colours, even minor scratches are highlighted as the base of any car is a light shade primer which gets exposed whereas in a lighter shade base primer more or less gts blended. This is my experience with darker colour and lighter shades of my earlier cars.

The above points made me choose the minimal grey for my Punto.