1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help for selection of colour for Punto MJD emotion pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Dr_Prashant, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    I am buying punto in july. I have finalised on the mjd e.pack or the sports if it comes by that time. I am confused between the white and red colour. I just want to know which of these colours will last longer. Will the red start to faint after some time and so with the white? Please help Me. Thank U.
    Love the PUNTO :wow
  2. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    None of the colors will faint. However it's easier to touch up white than red, it's also easier to maintain white than red.

My personal choice is white.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    Thanx sdp1975.
    @Ravi- I wanted help regarding the lasting of colour compared to when new. I have seen vehicles that have fainted colours after 2-3 years.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Dr_Prashant,

Whichever colour you like the most, go for it. It is a matter of personal taste, IMO. If your car has covered parking, or at least body cover, the colour will not fade. But, if you use body cover, please dust your car with California car duster or Jopasu car duster [available in Pune] before covering.
  6. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    Thank U Ravi
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    None of the colors would fade... Its a personal choice which is the answer here... BTW i love my BN White:) alothough i love the RED too:)
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Avoid RED

I would say, go for a metallic color.

Red and white are solid colors. Solid colors get scratched easily. Metallic does not, and after a wax job, the metallic shines like new, but a solid's shine does not last long...

i bought RED... :hit not happy with the maintenance needed to keep it shining.. minor scratches are clearly visible. And to avoid further more scratches, I don't wash my car for weeks on the outside. So i get to clean the car on the inside myself..

before delivery I was all happy & excited with RED RED RED..!!! :dancing :dancing RED RED RED!!!!
    But after 3 weeks of ownership i started missing my carven grey Turbo (metallic indica v2 turbo color i owned previously) in terms of paint and torque.
    realised i should have bought a metallic colored punto. :uh :uh

White, is better. hardly any scratches are visible..

If red & white is the 2 choice. Go for white less maintenance headache.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I second that. I wanted BLUE. Since the car choice was mine, the color has to be my wife's choice. So had to go with RED. I have same exp. as Aashay stated.
  10. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    Re: Avoid RED

Thanks this helps a lot. I think i will go with white.. :dancing