1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help for buying Punto 2011 model

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by kins.kunja, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Called them. Useless fellows. They have no information and say only by March we will know.

So here is my take:
    1. Wait till Fiat exclusive showrooms come up in Assam.

provided a showroom comes up:
    2. Hoping the vehicle remains unsold till that time, I will ask for more discounts say 4.2 Lakh on the road max (currently it is 5.2 on road inclusive of all offers i.e 70k cash, 7k corporate, insurance).
    3. Extended warranty + written confirmation from the dealer the vehicle has not been used as a TD vehicle and that there is no issue with it.
    4. Or look out for 2012 models unsold puntos. Am sure with the hike in diesel price, and slow sales of fiat, even 2012 models will be unsold and will be discounted by jan-feb 2013.
    5. The least I wanted to do is go for a 2013 made punto (don`t want to as Evo may be following pretty soon and current model may become obsolete).
    No showroom, forget Fiat (I dont want to)

Experts may please like to comment point wise.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Perfect.
    if no showroom, don't buy.
  3. Will a OBD Test on the ECU detect the actual KMs run? even for the distance for which the odo was disconnected?
  4. No way...it can never be found out...
    Unless the dealer wishes to share with you the actual information.
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. soori

soori

Dubai
    Don't consider the deal. Also, did you ask the dealer about the warranty? There are rare cases where they provide dealer warranty.
  6. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    2011 make cars(both linea & punto) is available with FIAT,you can book them through the dealer.2011 Linea dynamic may cost u around 7.5L after discount.The dealer at trivandrum informed me about this
  7. I have decided not to go for the Deal. As there were many problems like Air Con, Clutch Slave Cylinder, GC etc in the 2011. Although the problems can be solved I have planned to go for 2012 Punto and right now looking for discounts in early 2012 (Jan-June) Models. Some one can please provide me the discounts available if one is aware.

Mate, I have decided not to consider the deal as stated above. And moreover since the ODO was disconnected I am suspicious. Also i went for second round of under body check and i observed patches of minor rust developing in the front wheel connectors.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Pre 2012 Punto 1.4 Petrol versions have a GC of 173 mm.
  9. In view of above discussions and opinions plan to buy 2011 version Punto has been dropped. MODS kindly close the thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.