1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help for buying Punto 2011 model

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by kins.kunja, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The GC of pre 2012 Punto is 171mm.

The actual deal breaker here is about the vehicle's condition.
  2. Ok was it? In petrol car?
    Thanks for the recitification...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. seems we are going off topic..!!
    I need some valuable inputs.
    Additional checks.
    Additional paper validations (as applicable)
    Additional questions to sales exec. and desired answers.
    Additional discoubts
    Above all should I go for 2011 / wait until new punto evo (2014 which is too long) / go for 2013 punto/ go for another car. my budget 6.5-6.8 on road
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Okay guys, I was/am in a similar soup, so here is my take. More bits later somewhere else. ;)

• Disconnecting the ODO does NOT make the H disappear
    • Even if the ODO has run say 2000 kms, guys at Fiat can make it 'H 0' again

I was shocked at few things I observed just today on a 2011 manufactured car. Fiat had sent the car from the plant with the ODO reset to 'H 0' and the ODO disconnected.

There was instances of rust at many places

The boot-lid was damaged and very poorly repaired, which even a kid can make out, leave alone the prospective customer. Makes me think, what kind of jokers are responsible for PDI/QC at the factory before the car leaves for dispatch. Was seriously pissed with Fiat's attitude but the good attitude from the dealer smoothened things.

The engine had run a considerable number of kms, the oil was black. Usually all new Fiats come with a transparent break-in oil which starts getting black only after say 1000 kms. Thugs of first order.

IMO, if you have a keen eye and get everything fixed before you pay-up, and given that you are provided extended warranty, go for it. Else please walk away. Put the car up on the ramp and check the under-body thoroughly.
  5. Seems many 2011 manufactured FIATs are still unsold. Raises many questions... And yes the engine oil was black. I also checked a 2012 showroom punto. And the engine oil showed similar level and colour. So, Engine oil can`t be a decider. Tires can`t be a decider as I saw no difference, To my understanding, Once the ODO is disconnected, there is no means to identify the difference. Had it been some not so car savvy customer and the car be a jan 2012 model driven thousands of kilometers.. the dealers can easily sell it.. what a mess it is.. because only differentiator here is the GC. And to a novice customer interipr differences does not reflect. FIAT must know the case and do something about such incidents, IMHO
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Ok, my 2 cents:

Personal choise :). I think there is nothing wrong in going with a 2011 model per se, if the offer is good and vehicle has absolutely no problems (most importnant aspect)

What is the On road price of the 2012 Punto (variant with similar features as the 2011 model)? You are missing few features like Auto headlamps, rain sensing vipers, increased ground clearance etc (from my Linea experience). There should also be some ongoing discounts on the 2012 Punto as well. Purely from my personal perspective, I would think that if you are able to save about 1.2-1.3 lakhs from 2012 Punto on road price after discounts, it may be worth checking. Please also check if you can get the VAT savings on the discounts rather than the dealer taking it (in my case, I missed this aspect and later when I started discussing this, it was too late).

Oil levels, battery and tyres apart from structural damages, signs of repainting and other regular PDI stuff. Please check VIN and ensure that manufacturing month is indeed what is claimed by the dealer.

I am sure they will offer you 2 + 2 warranty (this is a must) and RSA. Can't recollect any difference from a 2012 manufactured car.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hi snck, can you elaborate on this? TIA. :)
  8. snck

snck Amatore

Linea 1.3
    This is how I understood it. Though the discount is on the ex-show room price, your RTO does not consider it and you need to pay the Road Tax on the invoice price itself. So reduced road tax based on discounted price is not possible.

However, the ex-showroom invoice price also includes the VAT and while paying this tax to the Govt, dealers normally consider the discounted price. So the VAT paid is lower than what it would have been with the actual ex-show room price and you can ask the dealer to pass on this benefit to you. I do not think they can refuse it if brought up during initial negociation itself (In case they refuse, you do ensure that he pays VAT for the entire ex-show room price :cool:).

In my case, I realized this only after I saw the tax papers during delivery time. I disussed this, but could not press further at that time.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  9. Ideas about upcoming FIAT showroom / services in Assam? At present there are three in the whole state. And one of them DUliajan (my place).
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Give FIAT helpline a call. They might be aware of where the future FIAT dealerships will be in Assam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.